13. Relationshipology

WEDNESDAY

“Are you sure about this?” Abel nervously asked as I pulled him towards the entrance of the cafeteria.

“I’ve never been more certain”

“I don’t think this is a good idea” he tried to reason.

“Oh please. Don’t be such a scaredy cat” I rolled my eyes.

He stood rooted to the spot he was standing in while I pulled and pulled with no visible result.
Why does he have to be so stubborn?
I huffed and folded my arms in front of me.

“What’s going on princess?” Blaise asked and appeared beside me out of nowhere. He has been calling me that since Monday after we had ice cream together.

“You scared the shits out of me” I clutched my poor heart, “Well, I’m trying to make Abel _” the rest of my words were muffled by the huge piece of apple Abel stuffed into my mouth.

I shrugged and continued chewing the piece of apple in my mouth. Where did he even get the apple from?

“You were saying?” Blaise urged me to continue.

“Nothing” Abel quickly said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me to his side, “I think you should excuse us”.

“I_” Blaise tried to protest.

“Get away from her, Adams” Justin said loudly and pulled Blaise with him into the cafeteria.

I turned my attention back to Abel, “Talking to her is not so difficult”

“Oh please be reasonable. I can’t just walk up to her while she is with her friends and just confess my feelings to her”

I face palmed myself and exaggerated a sigh. I started to flick his forehead as I spoke, “You do not have any bit of common sense in that thick skull of yours”

“Ow!” he grabbed my finger with one hand and rubbed his forehead with the other. “What was that for?” he cried.

“That’s for being a dumbass. Who said anything about confessing feelings in front of her friends? Just tell her you want to talk”

“Easy for you to say. It is not like you are the one confessing your feelings to someone”

“I’m not a Relationshipologist neither do I have a PhD in Emotioncology but I know that communication is key for a relationship if it is going to work out or ever happen at all” I told him.

“What dictionary has those words?” Abel stared at me dumbstruck.

I grinned at him, “Rhysford Advanced Learners Dictionary”

He flicked my forehead and I pushed him away.

“But seriously you should talk to her. After all you two are friends right? You should know better if she has been giving you green light or not”

He massaged his temples and paced to and fro.

I stood there watching in amusement at his nervousness, “You don’t have to tell her right away if you are nervous about the whole thing. Give yourself time. Don’t waste too much time. Some girls are bold enough to make the first move while others just wait for the guy to make the first move and if he doesn’t_” I ended with a shrug.

“What happens?” he quickly asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe moves on with her life if her feelings were not all that rooted”

“Rhys” he groaned in frustration.

“Abel” I imitated him.

He glared at me.

“Having feelings for a girl is not the end of the world”

He was quiet for a while before he turned to me, “I’m sorry”

“What did you do?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“It’s something I didn’t do” he nervously scratched the back of his head.

“Abel” I deadpanned.

“Regina asked me to tell you to join her for lunch today”

“And you are just telling me? Lunch break is going to be over in like ten minutes”

He smiled brightly, “At least I killed two birds with one stone. I delivered her message and I still prevented you from having lunch with her”

He nonchalantly pulled out something from his pocket wrapped in a foil sheet. He unwrapped it slowly and pulled out a piece of apple!
So that’s where the apple came from?

He popped one into his mouth and happily chewed on it.
My eyes zeroed on those beautiful pieces of apples in his hand.

“Hey don’t look at my apples like that!” he said with a frown.

“Miss Ebele asked me to call you. I think your brother is here or so. I’m not sure” Jake walked over to us.

Abel paled in his place.

“Hi Rhys” Jake gave me a small wave.

“Hi” I waved back.

“I’ll be with you in a bit” Abel told me and gave me the apples in his hand.

I stared at him in confusion.

“It’s nothing to worry yourself about” he passed me a small smile and walked towards the staircase with Jake.

I stood there staring at the staircase they just used, occasionally popping a piece of apple into my mouth.
I shrugged and decided to take the stairs myself.

“Hey Rhys!”

I turned around to see Blaise walking towards me.

“Can we walk?”

“Sure” I shrugged and we both started climbing down the stairs.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you something” he said and scratched the back of his head.

“I’m all ears” I said and popped the last piece of apple into my mouth, chewing it and squeezing the foil in my hand.

“Do you like Abel?” he asked.

I swallowed the apple before replying, “Yes. I like him. Is there a problem with that?” my forehead creased.

“No” he quickly replied.

My gaze lingered on his face for a while before I decided to let it go. We had reached the first floor before he finally spoke again.

“Do you like like him?”

I chocked on my own spit. Why was I so dump sometimes? I didn’t even realize what he was implying when he asked about my liking Abel, “What gave you that idea?”

“I just got curious. So is that a yes or a no from you?” he asked.

We stopped in front of my classroom and I crossed my arms in front of me, “It is a no. I like Abel but at least not like that”

“Oh. Ok” he scratched the back of his head.

“What’s with you?” I lifted a brow at him.

“Nothing” he said and quickly walked to his classroom.

I hope you liked this one.

Please don't forget to

Vote 🌟

and

Comment 💬

Love ya!!!😘

Thanks for your love and support.

~Avesee