21. A Perfect Snack

“Trust me Rhys, I've tried that too” Kim told me pensively.

“Have you spoken to Scott? He must know something” I suggested.

She hesitated, “Err... Scott and I may have had a major fallout”

I groaned, “Do you go about fighting everyone? Just talk to him, since this concerns his sister he might hear you out”

“Fine, I'll get a little peace offering on my way there after school”

“I thought you had photoshoot today” I said and climbed out of the car as Dan parked. “Thank you” I whispered to him and he nodded.

“It got cancelled last minute. Today is my only free day this week” she sighed.

“If you think your life sucks, try living mine” I snorted.

“As much as I complain about being occupied most of the time, I'm grateful it's a healthy kind of occupied. Still haven't figured out what happened between your cuz and Blaise, have you?”

“I’ve not even had the time for that. My mind has been occupied with my sperm donor’s appearance yesterday”

“Don’t call him that. He's still your father you know. His blood runs through you”

“Sadly. Will talk later, phones aren't allowed in school”

“Have a great day, soldier! I trust you'll be fine, you're Rhys Davidson after all”

I smiled at her attempt to lift my mood, “Thank you, Kim. Love you”

“Love you too” she made plenty kissing sounds and I shook my head then cut the call.

“Silly noodle” I smiled and shoved my phone into my backpack as I made my way up the steps leading to my block.

A heavy hand swung over my shoulder, “I was waiting for you at the gate and almost missed you. How's my favourite cuz doing?”

“So you just realized you have a cousin?” I snapped and pushed Justin away but he didn't budge. “Where were you the whole of yesterday?”

“I was still angry with you” he said guiltily and I snorted in response. “Until I heard about what Blaise did to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there” he pulled me into his hard chest.

Sheesh. So muscular. Where does he even get the time to work out?

“You’re lucky I love you” I mumbled against his shoulder.

He pulled away with a chuckle, “No. You're lucky you have me” he corrected.

I rolled my eyes and climbed the steps with him and entered through the huge entrance.
“So what's up with you and Blaise?” I asked him.

“Nothing too serious. It's just about a post on his Instagram” he shrugged casually.

“So you two are now cool?”

I saw his jaw tick. “No”

Since he obviously didn't want to about it I didn't push the matter. We climbed the stairs and reached the entrance of my classroom.

“I think something is wrong with Abel” I told him.

”Okay? Is he sick?”

“No. He's been acting really weird lately”

“How weird?”

I explained to him the things me, Gold and Jake spoke about the previous day.

He didn't look too surprised, “Elijah said he noticed the same thing. This only confirms it” he said thoughtfully. “See you later kiddo” he tapped my shoulder and quickly walked away.

Elijah. Abel.
I didn't see any connection between the two. Or maybe they're secret friends.
I shrugged and entered my classroom.

This situation made me remember Nancy and her new attitude, behaviour or whatever that is.
Maybe they are going through the same thing.

“ 🎵And I’ve heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I’m pretty sure that you are that love of mine

‘Cause I’m in a field of dandelions
Wishin’ on every one that you’d be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile ”🎶

My thoughts were interrupted by  Yinka who was singing to everyone's chagrin.
Her voice wasn't exactly ugly, it was....nice. She was making the song sound a little too different from what Ruth B sang.
She made sure to drag each word and step up to a higher key which didn't exactly suite the song or maybe she was just a terrible singer.
I didn't blame my classmates for glaring at her.
Funny enough, she was completely oblivious to this.

From different angles of the class, crumpled pieces of paper were thrown towards her. I quickly walked to my seat to avoid being hit.
Gold was enjoying this way too much. She was laughing loudly and munching on something in a small paper bag.

“Popcorn” she said and tossed another bag towards me.

Yinka turned around and glared at everyone but suddenly the whole class was ‘reading’ except two guys in the back who were dancing.

I couldn't help but crack a small smile on my lips.

One of the guys in the back suddenly started jumping up and screaming.
“Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God” he looked like he would burst into tears any second.
His eyes were fixated on his phone as he got down on his knees. “My Instagram just hit ten thousand”

The were gasps all around and everyone grabbed their phone. The entire class was silent and everyone's fingers moved swiftly over their screens.

Damn this class is good with drama.

Gold was bouncing her feet on the floor as she happily looked around obviously enjoying the scene even more than me.
I love this girl.

The guy was jumping around and hugging and kissing everyone.

Where have these guys been all my life? They're definitely a good distraction from my life problems.

“The guy is Derrick and his friend there is Seyi, the two are dancers who want to be influencers. They've been eyeing this big company and so far they've had no luck, so they've been working their ass off to increase their followers. They're really good, you need to watch them dance” she explained to me while her eyes followed them. She sighed and shook her head slowly, “So young and are already finding their path in life”

“Pfft! I know right?” I shook my head too, the smile never leaving my lips.

Bishop strolled into the class totally confused by the buzz in the class.
The drama king has just arrived.

I fist bumped Gold and we continued watching the scene unfold with the perfect snack in hand.
Seems like everyone has completely forgotten we have tests today.
I sighed blissfully and spooned a handful of popcorn into my mouth.

“Psst! Where's mine?” Jake called for me and Gold's attention and demanded.

Gold tossed him another small bag and he blew a kiss her way.
Where is she even getting all these popcorn from?

She rolled her eyes at him.

I turned to Abel but he seemed to be so focused on reading his book. I sighed and looked away. He was hell bent on ignoring everyone.

A/N

Hope you loved this chapter.

Our beloved Rhys needed a little break from her problems.

The next chapters are going to be hotter!!!

Just keep reading.

I'm going to be consistent with uploading chapters so fret not.
Thanks for coming this far.

Please vote and comment.

Love you 😘😘