14. The Bowling Alley

The rest of the week was uneventful. Abel skipped school on Friday and has been unreachable from then till today being Sunday.

What is wrong with that boy?
I was really worried about him.
I shook my head and forced myself to concentrate on bowling. Shawn and I were hanging out in a bowling alley.

Yes, Shawn and I hanging out. It is reality and not a dream.
Here is what happened last night.

We were at the dinner table, enjoying a meal like every other family. GG was rambling on about Sophie this and Sophie that. I have met Sophie only once but with the amount of information I have about her thanks to GG. One might think we were even best friends.

I know that her favourite colour is purple. I know that she has a crush on her brother’s best friend, Davis. I know that she loves the Disney princesses Sophia and Jasmine more than she loves waffles. I know other childish nonsense about her.

“Megan and I want to spend our Sunday with the girls. Would you like to join us?” mom asked me.
Megan is Sophie’s mom.

I flashed her my sweetest smile at the moment, “No, thanks”

She rolled her eyes at me, “You could have just said no and not evoke demons with that smile of yours. Now that smile is going to haunt my dreams”

Shawn stifled a laugh.

Hey that’s soooo mean! I huffed and stabbed the poor salad in my plate.

“How about we spend some father-daughter time together? Just me and you. It will be fun, I promise” Shawn asked me copying the exact same words I said to GG last Saturday.

I pressed my lips in a thin line to suppress the smile that as building up at the corner of my lips, “I would love that!”

Mom looked more than pleased.

“Ooph!” I frowned when I saw that I had knocked down only three pins.

Shawn burst into laughter, “You are so terrible at this” he slapped his thigh and laughed loudly.

“Oh come on!” I groaned in frustration.
At least I didn’t fall flat on my tummy this time around.

“For the nth time sweetie that is definitely not how to bowl” Shawn told me with a smile he was trying hard to hide.

I scoffed, “What two and two do you know about bowling?”

He chuckled, “Suit yourself.” He folded his arms and stepped aside while I picked up another ball.

After a couple more tries I sighed and turned to Shawn with pleading eyes, “I think I’m ready to learn”

“You think?” he stared at me like I had grown a second head, “you suck at bowling I doubt I you could even learn"

"How nice of you to say” I frowned.

“I’m sorry but it’s true sweetheart”

I dramatically clutched my heart and fell on the floor.

He laughed and shook his head, “I was just kidding. Now get up”
He offered me his hand and I held on to it as he pulled me up.

“Ready to learn from the best?” he asked cockily.

Cocky much. “No I’m ready to learn from you”

He taught me for quite a while. He was right, I would never be able to learn. I really suck at bowling but I had a lot of fun with Shawn.

“I think that’s enough bowling for one day”

“Come on! I’m finally getting the hang of this”

Truth be told, I was actually getting worse with each try if that’s even humanly possible but I was determined to get it right.

“I can see that” Shawn said sarcastically, “but you know what? Rome wasn’t built in a day”

“I’m not building Rome or even a city. Just give me twenty more minutes” I told him and threw another bowling ball.

Shawn sighed, “Fine”

**TWENTY MINUTES LATER

“That’s it! You said twenty minutes. Next the arcade” Shawn declared and collected the ball I was holding from me.

“Ar-what? Do I look like a boy to you? You really need to get yourself a son” I said and sat on the floor. I needed a little bit of rest from throwing those bowling balls. I think I’ve grown muscles from all of that weight lifting.

“Is this your way of asking for a little brother? Cause if it is, I don’t mind giving you one”

I rolled my eyes at him but still found myself laughing.

“Video games are not for only boys you know”

“Says who?”

“Modern society, duh. Where have you been living for these years, under a rock?” he teased.

“Can you give me a break? Why do you tease me every chance you get?”

He laughed, “Okay, I’m sorry. So do you want lunch before we go to the arcade?”

“Food first!”

“Food it is. Let’s go”

“I would love to try this new dish a friend told me about” I told Shawn while he pulled me up.

“And what dish is that?”

“Coconut rice”

He nodded his head, “It’s really nice. Seems like I’ll have it too. Haven’t had it in a really long while”

Hi guys,
Yeah it's me again, the writer who deserted her readers🤧🤧

I can't express how sorry I am. But I've been really occupied with a lot of stuff.

This time around, I'm back for good...?😅

Share your thoughts on this chapter.

Don't forget to vote ⭐

Thank youuuu for sticking with this unfaithful lass (me😢)

I don't know you but... I love you 😘😘

~Avesee🌹