31. Kings Delight

I didn't even notice that the car had stopped.
We both got out and Jake paid the Bolt driver.

I looked up at the coffee shop in front of us.

“Kings Delight? You said Kees Delight!”

“I said Kings Delight but you heard Kees Delight, how is that my fault you didn't hear correctly?” he sassed.

“You didn't even correct me when I said Kees Delight”

“Did I really need to?”

“I don't have the strength to fight with you. I really don't. Are we going to see Gold or what?”

He sighed, “I didn't say Gold was here. I only mentioned that she wanted to see you”

“Jacob what game are you playing?”

“Are you two not going to come in?” Davis asked from the entrance of the coffee shop.

“Davis? Hi!” I gave him a small wave.

“Your eyes look dull. Are you sure you're feeling alright?” he looked at me intently.

“Not really” I said honestly.

“I can understand. Come in.” Davis ushered.

“My work here is done”

“Mrs Kay made something for you” he told Jake. “Come on, Rhys”

The three of us walked in and Jake disappeared into what seemed like the kitchen.

I scanned the spacious room. There were a few people here and there. At one corner my eyes settled on the two people I did not want to see. Elijah and Regina. They both cast their eyes on me.

“I’m not staying here” I turned around to walk right out but Davis blocked my path.

“Please just listen to what we have to say” Davis pleaded. “I know you're angry with Elijah but none of this is his fault and you know that. And for Gina, don't you want to find out why she did what she did? Besides even if you sit with us, you have nothing to lose.”

I turned around and waited for Davis to lead the way.
He sat beside Elijah on a table for four. I sat in-between Davis and Elijah. Regina was seated across from me on the round table.

“Hi” Elijah gave me a tight-lipped smile which I ignored completely.

“Please get this over with” I said impatiently. “What? Are you seeing me for the first time?” I snapped at Regina.

“It’s utterly embarrassing how shameless you are to even have the guts to speak to me in that manner after all you've done!” she spat viciously.

“After all I've done you say! Have you asked your boyfriend what really happened?” I shot.

“Don’t you even dare act innocent! I can't believe I actually considered you as a friend and you did this to me” her eyes were clogged with tears. “You even have the guts to act innocent! You're such a terrible person, Davidson”

“Gina calm down” Elijah tried to appease.

“Don’t even speak to me!” she yelled at him causing a few people to stare at us. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Is there something I don't know of?” I asked in confusion.

Elijah's jaw clenched.

“How are you still denying that nothing happened between the two of you?” she looked at me with disgust. She tossed her phone at me. “How do you explain this? Do you realize you could get expelled once the school authorities get a hang of this?”