18. Fire Breathers

It was the eve to test and I had spent most of my weekend preparing, GG was mostly watching cartoons, drawing and being annoying. Mom and Shawn had travelled earlier that day and I was left with babysitting the little brat and studying. Blaise would be coming over today and will be here any second.

“What colour do I paint this?” GG asked and stood beside the refrigerator her colouring book in her hand.

I picked a bottle of water from the refrigerator and shut it before bending to her height.
It was the drawing of a Biblical character, well from the dressing I made my assumptions, “His helmet should be brown.” That should be Goliath. Because he’s wearing an armour and looks a lot like ‘the guy’.

“I’ll paint it black” she told me and walked away.

If she was going to do whatever pleased her, why then did she ask for my opinion?!

The doorbell rang before I put my thought of ripping her tongue out of her mouth into action. I took a sip from the bottle and walked to the door.

“Hey princess” Blaise stood at the door smiling.

I smiled back at him, “Come in”

He stepped in and I led him to the lounge where GG was already sitting cross legged and colouring.

“GG, I want you to meet someone”

“Boyfend?” she blankly looked at me.

“No”

“Yes”

“Blaise!” I tried to slap his chest but he caught my wrist. I glared at him and forcefully pulled my hand. “This is my little sister, Ginger” I briefly introduced and carried my bag which was lying on one of the sofas.

“Blaise” he introduced and extended his hand for a hand shake.

She narrowed her eyes at him then looked at his hand, “Boys have cooties”

“Don’t be rude GG” I scolded.

With a frown she took his hand, “GG”

“We’ll use the dining table” I told Blaise and started walking in the direction of the dining room.

We settled down facing each other, our books spread out in front of us.
I was gradually getting immersed in my reading when I saw a small figure making it's way towards Blaise. He barely even noticed until a tiny hand tapped him.

“Hey, GG” he smiled down at her.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked him and completely ignored the daggers I was sending her way.

She brought her lips closer to his ear, “Is this a date?”

“No” I frowned at her.

“Are you moving in with us?” she looked between Blaise and me.

“GG, enough with the questions” I scolded.

She completely ignored me, “Are you two going to kiss?”

I pinched my brows together in frustration. “Ginger” I called her name in warning.

She sighed and went to the sitting room. Shortly I could hear the sound of TV in the background, the theme song for Sofia the First filling the silence in the sitting room.

“I’m sorry about her”

Blaise stared at me, amusement twinkling in his eyes. “No problem”

We returned to our books for the next three hours before GG walked over to me. A brown teddy bear in a pink and white frock in one hand and her other hand rubbing her eye.