🔞 Chapter 3: Line Between Hatred and Love

"Jeon Jungkook! Wake the fuck up!" Namjoon bellows as he walks into Jungkook's condo.

"Fuck off!" Jungkook groans and covers his ears to hide from Namjoon's loud voice.

"You have a race tonight. Get your lazy ass up!" Namjoon shouts and drags Jungkook out of the bed by the feet.

"Let me sleep, for fuck's sake." Jungkook groans and struggles against Namjoon's strong pull.

"Nope! Get up! Work out! Shower! Eat! Be human!" Namjoon barks and tosses the cold water from his glass onto the grouchy racer.

"Hyung! What the fuck?!" Jungkook shouts and angrily sits up while Namjoon laughs his head off.

"That's what happens when you don't get your lazy ass up." Namjoon grins and walks off.

The racer growls in annoyance and then gets up from the bed. He grouchily storms around and prepares for that evening's race. By the time he is ready, the sun is already setting. Jungkook's life happens in the darkness of night.

When they arrive at the race, Jungkook does not notice the tall, slender man who is blending in with the crowd. All that he sees is a blur of people as he waits for the little color and feeling he receives from the adrenaline of racing. He ignores the bodies that are grinding against him and the various people wanting to shack up later. Right now, his entire focus is on his waiting motorcycle.

The tall racer in black quickly shoves through the deafening crowd and mounts his motorcycle. The rev of the engine fills his body with endless adrenaline and excitement. The moment he pulls his helmet over his head, everything is silenced. The only thing he can hear is his breathing and heart racing. With the helmet on, all that he can see is the road ahead of him and those eyes and that smile.

Those eyes will always fill his mind. It does not matter what mood he is in. Those lips will always brush against his skin no matter who he is with. That voice will always fill his mind no matter what other sounds surround him.

The moment that the flag flies in the air, the racers peel off, leaving everything behind them. Jungkook tightens his grip and leans down as the wind flows over him. He revels in the colors that surround him and the laughter of that voice. In every race, he is racing him. He is always racing the boy by his side. These are the moments they both come alive like they used to. 

He chases behind the white racer, chasing the past that he can never return to. He is chasing the laughter he lost and the smile that was torn from his face. He is chasing the happiness that was crushed.

When Jungkook rounds the final corner with his bike parallel to the pavement beneath him and his padded knee floating right above the pavement, he blasts past the tall man. The wind from the pass-by blows the hoodie and cap off, revealing a beautiful face.

The racer skids to a stop once across the finish line and jumps off of the motorcycle with eyes searching that area for him. He rips the helmet off of his head and rushes to the empty spot to see a cap lying in place of him. Jungkook reaches down and picks up the cap, then frantically looks around.

"Yo! Jungkook! Come over here!" Namjoon shouts when he sees Jungkook run off.

"Did you see where he went?! He was here!" Jungkook shouts and runs over to Namjoon with the cap in his hand.

"Who?" Namjoon asks with questions in his eyes.

"He came." Jungkook mumbles and looks at the lone cap in his hand.

"Oh," Namjoon mumbles when he sees the cap.

"He left."

As Jungkook stares at the cap in his hand, he misses the eyes that are looking at him with longing from beneath a hoodie. He misses as the tall, slender man turns and walks away to a waiting black car. By the time Jungkook looks up, the man is already gone.