Chapter 6: Ruined

When Jungkook opens his eyes, he feels a warm hand holding his hand and light pressure on his abdomen. As he sleepily blinks to see what is on him, he sees a sleeping Taehyung with tear-stained cheeks. Jungkook gently reaches over, brushes Taehyung's hair out of his face, and then smiles at the adorable squished cheeks.

Taehyung wakes up when he feels Jungkook moving around and quickly looks at him to make sure he's okay.

"Are you okay? How do you feel?" Taehyung quickly asks while looking at the monitor he has gotten so used to checking. It has become instinct for him now.

"I'm okay. Thank you for coming and staying." Jungkook whispers and looks down as memories of him cursing Taehyung out last night rush through his mind.

"Thank you for calling me. I-I w-would ha-ave broken if I had ... lost you." Taehyung whispers the last part with tears streaming down his face.

"I am so sorry, Tae. None of this is your fault, yet I have hurt you. Fuck." Jungkook cries and covers his face with his hands.

"No, don't apologize. It's my fault, too. I am also responsible for not being brave enough." Taehyung mumbles and nervously plays with his hands.

"You are not responsible for her. She is the only one who should be blamed." Jungkook quickly reaches out and pulls Taehyung into a hug.

"I've missed you." Taehyung sobs and clings to Jungkook.

"I've missed you, too. So much." Jungkook whispers and buries his face in Taehyung's hair. "I was so scared that I wouldn't get the chance to apologize. I was terrified that the last words I ever told you were those words. I am so sorry. I have no excuse. I am so sorry. I don't hate you. I love you. I love you so much that it hurts." 

Taehyung cries and tightens his hold on Jungkook's hospital gown as he listens to the words he has been longing to hear.

"Don't cry," Jungkook whispers and gently wipes Taehyung's tears away.

"I love you too. Please, it's not your fault. Please don't apologize." Taehyung sniffles and looks into Jungkook's sad eyes.

They stay in each other's arms with so many emotions swirling through them.

"So, I fucked up," Jimin mutters as he walks into Jungkook's room.

"What happened?" Taehyung asks as he looks at Jimin.

"He knows. He knows about Jin hyung." Jimin barely mumbles and slumps to the ground.

"Who? Namjoon hyung?" Taehyung asks with alarm in his voice and instantly sits up.

"Tae? What's wrong?" Jungkook asks and gently holds Taehyung's hand as Taehyung's eyes widen in shock.

"What happened? Is he mad? Did he leave? Is Jin hyung okay?" Taehyung asks as he desperately grips Jungkook's hand.

"He's still with Jin hyung and said that he's not upset. Hyung is sleeping now." Jimin answers with a relieved smile on his face.

"Oh, that's good." Taehyung sighs in relief and then lies down in Jungkook's arms.

"Is everything okay?" Jungkook quietly asks after a few minutes.

"Jin hyung has cardiac sarcoma." Taehyung mumbles and buries his face in Jungkook's chest.

"What? When?" Jungkook asks in shock.

"The day he broke up with Namjoon hyung was the day he found out." 

"Is he okay? How long does he have left?" Jungkook's voice fills with desperation as he thinks of all the times Namjoon said he was okay as long as Seokjin was happy even though they had broken up.