Chapter 20: Erratic and Obsessive

As the news of Jungkook's past continues to stay number one in hot topics, Taehyung stays by Jungkook's side in every public outing as his statement. He refuses to leave his boyfriend's side. Jungkook is his everything, and he will not let strangers dictate who he loves.

When Jungkook and Taehyung arrive in the second country for round 2, they are flooded by journalists and reporters. Jungkook keeps his arm protectively wrapped around Taehyung's waist as they walk through the crowd with their heads held high.

"Kim Taehyung! Are you really dating a criminal?!"

"Were you cheating on your husband with Jeon Jungkook?!"

"How did you and Jeon Jungkook meet?!"

Taehyung clenches his jaw as he ignores their questions. He and Jungkook knew that there would be a swarm of reporters at the airport, so they did not flinch at any of the questions. They are walking side by side, so nothing can phase them.

"Kim Taehyung! You and your boyfriend look beautiful together!" The random shout causes Taehyung and Jungkook to smile and relax.

"Thank you!" Taehyung shouts in response and waves.

As Taehyung waves, Jungkook gently kisses him on the cheek and defiantly glares at the cameras. When they were younger, Jungkook would hide behind Taehyung when they would get in trouble. Now, he stands by Taehyung's side to face the harsh spotlight together.

Once they are in their car, Taehyung breathes out and leans his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "Do the reporters really have nothing better to talk about?" Hyuk grumbles under his breath as the driver drives away from the hoard of reporters and journalists.

"Clearly, they do not." Taehyung chuckles and intertwines his and Jungkook's fingers.

"Are you two okay?" Hyuk asks as he looks at the couple.

"We are okay." Jungkook smiles and squeezes Taehyung's hand.

When they arrive at the hotel, there are several reporters and fans waiting for them in the lobby. Jungkook softly smiles at Taehyung before he opens the door. Taehyung takes a deep breath as he gets out of the car and stands beside Jungkook.

Taehyung scowls and protectively wraps his arm around Jungkook's waist when he sees signs calling Jungkook a criminal. Jungkook smiles as his boyfriend's arm protectively wraps around his waist and pulls him closer to his lover.

"I am okay." Jungkook whispers and lovingly kisses Taehyung's lips in front of the cameras and fans.

"I will still protect you." Taehyung smiles against Jungkook's lips and then guides him into the hotel lobby.

"Your phones have access to your rooms now," Hyuk tells them and leads them to the elevators.

When the elevator doors shut, the shouting of the fans and reporters is muted. Taehyung sighs as he tightens his grip around his boyfriend's waist. He knows his boyfriend, so he knows that the cruel words sting his innocent heart.

"Sunbae, have you spoken with Jung Hoseok?" Taehyung asks as they walk to their room.

"I have. He and Detective Jung are contacting the retired detectives they can find." Hyuk explains and pats both of their shoulders. "I know it is hard, but don't listen to them. I don't know you very well, Jungkook, but I know you are a good person."

"Thank you." Jungkook smiles and then opens the door to his and Taehyung's room.

"I have your room under my name and my room under your name just in case someone bribes a worker to tell them your room number," Hyuk tells them before going to his room.