Chapter 4: Shattered

When Jungkook wakes up, he feels something warm in his arms. His eyes grow wide when he remembers what had happened. He tenses up and almost tosses Taehyung off of him, then stops when he sees tears falling from Taehyung's eyes as he sleeps.

"D-Don't hit me. Please." Taehyung whispers and shakes in Jungkook's arms.

This is when Jungkook sees the bruise on Taehyung's face again. He carefully pulls Taehyung closer and kisses the bruise. He knows that there is something going on. 

By the time Taehyung wakes up, he is alone. He is relieved because he thought he would wake up to Jungkook tossing him across the room. When he sits up, he grimaces in pain but looks in shock at the new pair of clean clothes. This is when he realizes that he is clean and is wearing underwear. Then he remembers that Hoseok and Jimin are here with him and probably took care of him.

When he leaves the room, Jimin and Hoseok are waiting for him. Taehyung smiles and walks over to them, then slings his arms over their shoulders.

"Thanks for taking care of me last night." Taehyung happily chirps as they walk out together.

"We didn't," Hoseok tells Taehyung in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung looks at them in surprise.

"I was just about to ask you where you got those clothes." Jimin points out and examines the black clothes Taehyung is wearing.

"I thought you cleaned me off and got me these." Taehyung mumbles, then stops walking when he sees Jungkook leaning against his motorcycle across the street.

Once Jungkook sees that Taehyung is okay, he rides off. Taehyung quietly watches Jungkook leave and then looks at his friends, who also look confused.

"Did the sun rise from the west today?" Jimin mutters as they walk to his car.

"Must have." Hoseok mumbles and hops into the passenger seat.

When Jungkook arrives home, he sets the cap on the table and takes a shower. As he showers, the memories from last night flood his mind. He moans as he feels Taehyung's lips on his chest. He quickly jerks himself off as he chants Taehyung's name like a sacred prayer.

Once he exits the shower, he stumbles to his bed and collapses on the bed. He sighs as he looks up at his ceiling, then reaches over for his cigarettes, places one between his lips, and lights it. Jungkook watches as the smoke travels toward the ceiling and whisks around him. As he silently smokes, those dark brown eyes flash before him.

He groans in frustration and rolls over, then closes his eyes. Once his cigarette is finished, he snuffs it out, gets up, takes several various pills, and then goes back to bed. As he sleeps, memories flood his mind. He is racing with the racer in white as their laughter fills the summer air.

When Taehyung arrives at the hospital, he sees his brother being wheeled back to his room after treatment. Taehyung quickly puts on a large smile and walks into the room.

"What's with all of the black?" Seokjin asks when he sees Taehyung.

"Hmm? Oh, a friend dressed me today." Taehyung smiles and walks over to his brother's side as the nurse makes him comfortable. "How did his treatment go today?" Taehyung asks her once he sits down next to Seokjin.

"It went well." She smiles, then bows and leaves the room.

"See? I'm getting better." Seokjin grins and reaches out to hold his little brother's hand.

"Has she visited recently?" Taehyung asks as he holds his brother's hand.

"No. She's probably busy. Married life can't be easy." Seokjin smiles with sadness in his eyes.