Chapter 22: Rollercoaster

As Taehyung takes his helmet off after winning the race, Hyuk rushes over to him. "What is wrong?" Taehyung asks when he sees the concern in Hyuk's eyes.

"Jungkook was arrested during the race," Hyuk tells him and holds onto him to keep him from panicking.

"Why? What happened?" Taehyung grips his helmet as he looks over at Cole, who is smirking at him. "That bastard." Taehyung growls and storms over to Cole. "What did you do?" He hisses as he grabs the front of Cole's racing suit.

"I was concerned about your safety, so I contacted the police about possible drug use." Cole grins as Taehyung's grip tightens. "You and I both know that his test will turn out positive. Why else would you be so upset?" He chuckles as Taehyung prepares to punch him.

"You have no idea what Hell he has been living in." Taehyung snarls and pulls away before he does something in front of the cameras. "Hyuk, take me to Jungkook. Now."

Hyuk quickly grabs Taehyung and leads him to the car. Once the door is shut, Taehyung curses and punches the seat in front of him. His hands are shaking from anger and fear.

When they arrive at the police precinct, Taehyung rushes in, looking around for Jungkook. "Where is he? Where is Jungkook?" Taehyung asks an officer in English as he looks around for his boyfriend.

"He's over there." The man responds and points to the holding cells.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung quickly rushes over to his boyfriend.

"Tae! Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Jungkook asks and stands up as his boyfriend rushes to him.

"Why am I crying? You're here. Why did they arrest you?" Taehyung reaches his hands between the bars to touch Jungkook's face.

"It's okay. They took a blood sample. They said they have a lab here that will get the results quicker. I'll be out soon." Jungkook softly smiles and holds Taehyung's trembling hands.

"What if they lie about the result? They do that in the movies." Taehyung whimpers as he tries to hug Jungkook.

"Tae, this isn't a movie. It will all be okay." Jungkook softly responds and kisses Taehyung's hands.

"Taehyung, reporters are showing up outside," Hyuk warns Taehyung.

"Fucking asshole." Taehyung hisses and looks at the entrance of the precinct.

As they wait for the results, the team's attorney arrives. She smiles as she approaches Taehyung and Jungkook. "I am here to make sure that Jeon Jungkook is treated well and that the results are not tampered with." She explains to the detective as she hands him her business card.

"Thank you for coming, Attorney Aliyu." Hyuk smiles as he shakes the attorney's hand.

"Of course. It's my job. Here is the speech I wrote on the way here." She hands Taehyung her tablet for him to read the speech.

Taehyung reads the speech in surprise because it explains that Taehyung's teammate has harassed his boyfriend and is being dropped from the team to be replaced by a new, young driver.

"Either you or I will tell this to the press when we walk out of the precinct with your boyfriend." She explains as Taehyung looks at her in shock.

"Really?" Taehyung responds, still surprised.

"Really. Why would we sacrifice our best driver for someone else?" She responds with a chuckle.

"Thank you so much." Taehyung sighs in relief and looks at Jungook with a relieved smile.

"Jeon Jungkook, your results are negative. You are free to go." A detective tells them as he approaches them and unlocks the holding cell.

"It's time to face the press." Attorney Aliyu grins and walks ahead of them as they leave the precinct.