Chapter 17: Beginning

Adrenaline rushes through the racer's veins as he looks out the glass separating him from the world. His helmet muffles the screams and cheers of the crowd. The moment the light signals the start of the race, the racer speeds off through the roar of the engines and crowd. The other vehicles fall behind him as he navigates the other drivers.

The muffled sound of the other cars behind him fills him with unexplainable excitement and fire. This rush fills him with unexplainable adrenaline. As he races, he knows the people he loves and his enemies are watching him. The people he loves are watching him, praying for his safety and success, while his enemies pray for his downfall.

"Look at my Tae!" Seokjin weakly shouts as he points at the large screen in his room, displaying his brother's race.

Namjoon softly smiles when he sees the sparkle in his lover's eyes. He gently wraps his arm around Seokjin's waist as Seokjin trembles with excitement. Seokjin's eyes are wide, filled with pride for his younger brother.

As the race continues, several nurses and doctors filter into the room to watch the exhilarating race. They all cheer with Seokjin and watch as he comes to life.

"Remember when he and Jungkook used to race? They were so happy then." Seokjin hums and leans against Namjoon.

"They were. We all were." Namjoon smiles and gently pecks Seokjin's forehead.

When the cameras pan to the club boxes, they zoom in on Jungkook, who is watching with his hands nervously clenched. He is watching with his wide and breath hitched. Every time Taehyung's vehicle is close to another, Jungkook moves closer to the edge of his seat. He knows that F1 vehicles have many safety features, but his biggest fear is watching his lover's car crash and engulf in flames.

As Taehyung races, he hears his lover's voice encouraging him and telling him that he is waiting for him at the end. During the exhilarating race, Taehyung realizes that when he ends the race, Jungkook will be waiting for him. He will not be ending the race, searching the crowd for the slim chance that the man he loves is there.

"He is here." Taehyung whispers and zips in between two vehicles.

When Taehyung barely passes through the vehicles, Jimin shrieks at his desk and slams his hand on the table. "Are you insane?!"

"You did call him a daredevil." Yoongi softly chuckles as he watches Jimin.

"That does not mean he should take it seriously!" Jimin yells and watches the TV with big eyes.

"I need a drink," Hoseok grumbles and pours himself a glass of vodka.

"You should be running your bar." Jimin frowns and looks at his friend.

"Hae-In is running it right now." Hoseok shrugs as he downs his vodka.

"You two are highly suspicious." Jimin slants his eyes and glares at his friend, who is avoiding his gaze.

"Kim Taehyung! Be careful!" Hoseok suddenly shouts and jumps up from the couch.

Jungkook leaps from his seat when a car suddenly spins out in front of Taehyung. He holds his breath and rushes to the glass wall of the club box. His eyes frantically watch the spinout as the world seems to slow down.

When the car spins out in front of him, Taehyung curses under his breath and swerves to avoid the spinning vehicle. The moment Taehyung safely sips past the spun-out vehicle, Jungkook releases his pent-up breath and relaxes.

For the rest of the race, Jungkook stands at the glass wall and watches the race. When he cannot see Taehyung on the track, he looks at the screen and watches. He is determined to never take his eyes off of his boyfriend.