Chapter 30: Sunrise

Quiet whimpers fill the room, waking Jungkook from his sleep. He quickly notices that Taehyung is shaking in his sleep while crying. "Baby, wake up. Baby." Jungkook gently pulls Taehyng into his arms and carefully shakes him. "Baby. It's just a dream. Wake up."

"No. No. Jungkook. Love. Jungkook! No!" Taehyung shouts and snaps his eyes open as he frantically looks around in fear.

"It's okay. I am right here." Jungkook engulfs Taehyung in his arms and comforts him.

"Th-there was fire, a-and y-you were ca-alling for me." Taehyung cries as Jungkook holds him. "I couldn't ge-et to y-you."

"I am right here. You are safe. We are together." Jungkook softly whispers as he litters kisses on his crying lover's face. "Look at me. You got out of the fire. You came back to me."

Taehyung cries and nods as he clings to Jungkook. "My Jungkook. Safe." He sniffles and snuggles closer to Jungkook, crawling more into Jungkook's lap.

After a few minutes, Taehyung's cries subside. As his cries calm, Taehyung presses feather-light kisses on Jungkook's neck.

"I need to clean and rebandage your burns." Jungkook gently gets off the bed with Taehyung in his arms.

"M'kay." Taehyung hiccups and rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder as he is carried to the bathroom.

Once in the bathroom, Jungkook sets Taehyung on the counter and then grabs the medical supplies. "It's okay, Baby." Jungkook softly hums and dries Taehyung's face with his thumbs. After drying his boyfriend's tears, Jungkook gently removes the bandages from Taehyung's hands and examines the burns. "Thankfully, they are not too bad. Your gloves protected you."

"A lot of drivers died in the past. Their deaths protected future drivers." Taehyung mumbles as he watches Jungkook carefully care for his hands.

Jungkook stays quiet as he gently wraps new bandages on Taehyung's hands. He cannot bear the thought of losing Taehyung. He cannot imagine the pain the past drivers' partners and families felt when they were lost. Even thinking about the possibility of losing Taehyung makes Jungkook nauseous.

Once Taehyung's hands are cared for, Jungkook carefully slips Taehyung's shirt off and then removes the bandages from Taehyung's chest. Jungkook grimaces when he sees the burns on his lover's chest.

"It's not bad." Taehyung softly tells Jungkook, gently brushing his fingers over Jungkook's face.

"I know you are in pain. You do not have to hide your pain from me." Jungkook whispers and looks into Taehyung's eyes.

"I love you so much." Taehyung hums and pecks Jungkook's lips.

"I love you too. So very much." Jungkook mumbles in the kiss as he places his hands on Taehyung's thighs. "I need to take care of your chest."

As Jungkook takes care of Taehyung's chest, Taehyung quietly watches him. He tries to forget his dream, but he can hear Jungkook's cries and the roaring of the flames. He can smell the suffocating scent of the burning vehicle.

When a tear drops on his hand, Jungkook quickly looks at his boyfriend and sees tears streaming down his face. Without hesitation, Jungkook gently wraps his arms around Taehyung and holds him.

"Once you finish caring for the burns, can we go to the beach? I know it's late, but-"

"Of course." Jungkook gently cuts Taehyung off and kisses his quivering lips. "Of course, we will go to the beach."

"Thank you." Taehyung whispers and wipes the tears from his face.

After Taehyung's wounds have been taken care of, they dress in warmer clothing since it is early winter in Australia. Once they are dressed warmly, they leave the hotel. "I don't want to wear a helmet." Taehyung pouts as Jungkook hands him a helmet.