Chapter One

I don't want to be here.

That is the only thought that runs through my mind, as I stand here listening to our instructor.

"Armin Arlert! From Shiganshina District!"

My head turns so I can look at him, he is from Shiganshina which means he was there that day. The day the wall came down, my stomach turns in disgust.

His gorgeous eyes meet mine, my eyes widen when I start to see his beautiful features. I can feel my face starting to heat up, neither of us breaks eye contact. As if our eyes were in a conversation of their own, I drop my eyes back to the floor when he does.

I watch slowly as he walks down the aisle of people, wishing deeply that he doesn't come to me. But my wishes are trampled over when he comes and places himself right in front of me.

My posture isn't straight, I am not saluting, and I honestly do not care.

"Why aren't you saluting me magot!" He screams in my face; I don't react instead just staring blankly. "Are you hard of hearing?! I asked you something!"

Spit from his mouth flying onto me. I wipe it off in disgust. "I like personal space," I speak lightly staring at him, his eyes widen, and he steps closer to me. "Did you just talk back?!"

"No." I simply respond everyone's eyes now on me, I don't like that I don't want this attention.

"Why are you talking back magot?!"

I'm getting annoyed now because what does he want from me, "I'm sorry sir, but simply that is how a conversation goes."

By now his nose is flared, and his face is starting to get red. His hands go for my hair to yank it, but I step back causing him to miss it. Before he can do anything else he hears crunching turning to his left there stands a brown-headed girl.

Eating a potato?

He walks off to her, leaving me standing there I wrap my hands in my hair combing through it softly.

"You're officially on my shit! Who are you?!"

"Sasha Braus from Dauper Village, on the south side of Wall Rose sir!"

I continue to watch the interaction between the two before the girl breaks off a piece of the potato handing it to him. She hands him the smaller piece a little smirk appears on my face.

He throws a fit at this removing her meal eating and telling her to run till sunset. And then we are dismissed.

As I start walking, a pair of hands touch my shoulders they're rough, so I know exactly who they belong to.

"Yes, Annie." My voice is barely above a whisper, she wraps her hands around my hair and yanks on it. I yelp out, she knows how I feel when people touch my hair.

"They told us to act natural and you're over here talking back. Do you just want to fail?"

I didn't want to do it in the first place.

"No, I don't. I'm sorry I didn't realize it was rude Annie." She sucks her teeth and walks off, I roll my eyes at the action.

Annie and I don't exactly get along. She is my older sister, and I am her younger sister. She looks out for me, not because I am her sister but because she has to.

---

A/N

first chapter! decided to make this book bc i wanted an armin fic bc they're not many. Anyways i hope whoever reads this book enjoys it, and please tell me if they're any errors.

-lei <3