Chapter Twenty-Four

Once we arrived at our stopping place it was time to get ready because promptly after we leave, we will all be in titan territory.

I stand by my assigned horse readying it because now it's time for me to ride, Hange was very concerned to let me ride with one eye, but I convinced them I was all right, and it would be useless for me to come but not even ride a horse.

Once I finish, I pat my horse on the head and mount him to the stable, so he won't leave. I walk off to Mikasa and Armin they're just about done too.

"Are the braids still, all right?" I ask Mikasa while tugging on the back of her shirt, she turns towards me and examines them she nods.

I go to turn to Armin, but she only pulls me back to her and places my eyepatch further down my eye.

"Keep it as far down as it can go, you don't want any debris to go into it." She tells me while staring blankly at me I nod giving her a small smile, "you're such like a boyfriend Mikasa."

She looks off into space and shakes her head.

"I don't act like Armin."

That is all she says I furrow my brows at her.

"What?"

"Nothing." Is her quick response I can't say anything else because bursting through the doors is, Captain Levi with the priest on his side.

Hange rushes over to both of them, quickly placing themself in front of the priest.

"So? Seen the light yet, by any chance?" Instead of answering them, he holds his head down in shame, Hange takes a deep breath before yelling at him.

"Oh, goddamn it! Make up your mind! This isn't some spiritual test! Lives are on the line!" Hange sure can be loud.

"Alas, I have no choice. Neither myself nor the others who believe are at liberty to divulge the truth."

He says to Hange that only upsets them more, they turn to the side and start to yell.

"Fat lot of help you are! Thanks for keeping us company, it's been fun!"

They then turn their back to him and start to walk in the direction we all are in, but only stops when the priest starts talking again.

Is he really that loyal to the 'gods?' I thought I was loyal to Annie, I didn't necessarily sell her out. I only bent the truth a little I hope they'll never know.

"I'd offer my help if I could, but a duty as great as this one is beyond me. The Order of the Walls abides by the sacred will our faith commands us to obey."

Hange looks at him confused, "whose sacred will? You mean like God or something?"

He once again hangs his head down in shame, "I can't answer that. But what I can do is provide you with a name. An individual the sacred will in its divine wisdom instructed us to monitor."

"Monitor?"

"It's a person you know. Someone who enlisted with the Scout Regiment as of this year." He states my eyes go wide just like everyone else, but instead of asking him for a name, they all turn to look at me.

"It's not me! I already said who I am." I say trying to defend myself the priest nods his head, "she is correct. It is not her because it is a child by the name... of Krista Lenz."

My hands drop to my side and my eye widens, as he says that the door slams open, and walks in is Sasha for some reason.

"Important message! I'm with the 104th Cadet Corps! Oh, and my name is Sasha Braus!"

Everyone ignores Sasha bursting through the door still in awe about the information we were just given, "no way." Eren speaks Hange is confused because they don't recall that name.

"Who?"

Sasha pushes her way to Hange having to give them some papers, "sorry. This is for you, Section Commander."

"You must find her with all haste. She is the key; she may know things that we understand but poorly. And with that, we come to the end of what I'm free to share. The rest I leave in your capable hands."

He takes a deep breath in relief, but Hange looks anything but relieved. "But if she's with the 104th Cadet Corps, she's at the front lines by now!"

Eren doesn't waste any time.

"Then let's go! Come on! There's no time to lose!" He starts to run off but not noticing Sasha's arrival he bumps right into her. She falls straight to the floor the paper she was holding falls too.

"Sasha?"

"Just where did you come from all of a sudden?" Mikasa asks her like she hasn't been here, I shake my head placing my hand in front of Sasha to help her up. Just like Marco always did for me.

"She's been here, you guys just didn't notice."

She quickly grabs the paper and clings to my hand, throwing herself back onto her feet and twisting her body towards Hange.

"I was sent to give a message to Commander Erwin. Who, then entrusted me to deliver this to you, Section Commander!"

She yells all nervously before bowing and handing the paper off to Hange, who doesn't only grab it from Sasha but gifts her with a potato. She grins in delight looking at it.

Hange tugs all of us over to place our gear on, Armin wraps the straps around himself, but he can't seem to tie it in the back. I walk behind him and tap on his shoulder.

"Can I?" He nods I wrap my hands to his back and begin to tie it.

"So, who was Nick talking about?" Hange asks while walking around us, Eren looks up from his spot answering her question.

"She was the smallest one in our class."

I smile and finishing tying Armin's straps I place my thumbs up to signal I'm done; he thanks me asking if he can tie mine.

I can do it alone, but why decline help. I will allow him to.

Hange giggles at what Eren says and starts to hit me on the shoulder, "I thought Adelita was the smallest!"

I roll my eye at their comment trying to ignore them, Armin places his hand on my waist bringing the gear around to my back. I can feel myself getting hot, why do I feel like this?

"Golden hair, blue eyes, in fact... she's kind of cute," Armin explains to Hange upon hearing that I immediately jump from him grabbing my gear before it falls.

"It's okay, I can do it myself. Still not use to people this close." I explain to him with a soft smile, trying to ignore what he said. I feel a hand grab my shoulder, "I can do it."

The soft voice belongs to Mikasa, she has a small smile painted on her lips as she looks between me and Armin. I nod handing it to her while turning my back towards her.

"She's the girl who's always hanging around Ymir," I explain as Mikasa copies Armin's actions, grabbing my waist to tie it around my back.

"Excuse me?!" Hange exclaims in shock finally realizing who the priest meant.

"Quite surprising, isn't it?"

--------

A/N

Guys yesterday I opened a book at 11 am I read the whole book and finished it around 5 or 4, I didn't touch my phone the whole time when I was finished I picked it up I had zero notifications. I definitely cried myself to sleep.

-Lei <3