Chapter Thirty-Three

After a while of convincing Armin was able to make me agree to go with him, he told me that Eren wouldn't be mad to see me and that he would be okay with me coming.

He also said I can't be left alone with a bad leg and a head injury.

Now we are pushed together on his horse, Armin is first then it is Jean, and I am in the back holding Jean to make sure he doesn't fall off even though I am not very secure either.

I hold the leash for Jean's horse as I try to stay awake, every now and then saying something to Armin.

"I'm getting tired." I say quietly as my head leans on Jean's unconscious body, "don't fall asleep. You'll get help soon."

I sighed closing my eye as the noise of screaming and Titans fill the air, Armin doesn't say anything and neither do I the silence between us ended when he gasps.

"Adelita, there he is!" He turns back to look at me when I don't respond, I give him a groan in response as he looks at me to make sure I'm not dead.

He then begins again riding faster as I keep both a hand on Jean and his horse, "oh he's not alone. Mikasa's here too."

"Mikasa... hates me more than I could hate myself," I tell Armin as I look in the direction of them, Eren is carrying Mikasa I'm assuming she isn't in the best shape.

"Mikasa doesn't, why do you think she hasn't tried to hurt you? You're the only person who has hurt you."

I stay silent after Armin says that just trying to focus on my breathing, it's a miracle I haven't passed out yet.

All of a sudden, the horse stops abruptly. I look to the side seeing Eren and Mikasa as soon as my eye meets theirs, I look away not wanting to feel their judging stare.

"Eren, can you ride?" Armin asks his voice filled with worry.

"Yeah!"

I let go of the leash I have on the horse tossing it in the direction of Eren, the noise of Titans become even louder I turn to look back as Eren helps Mikasa onto the horse. My face turns up as the many Titans attack Reiner.

I can't help but feel a little bad, but I don't care they used me and made me seem like a traitor. When I never wanted this.

"This may be our only window! Soldiers, retreat!"

Commander Erwin's voice fills my ears not a second later all the horses are moving, I try to keep my eyes open but this time I can't do it.

Everything fades to blackness as screams and the sound of horses hitting the ground are all dissolved into background noise.

---------------------

It's been a couple of days since what happened, I've been locked up in a room to recover.

At least it's not a cell this time.

I haven't talked to a single person, not even Captain Levi, Hange, or Commander Erwin.

All I do is sit by the window in the room, watching the birds fly by.

My leg isn't terrible it's been stitched up in various parts, I can walk all right it's a little shaky though.

My head is still bandaged up, I have to change the bandages myself as no one has come in to do it.

I sit on the window ledge calmly watching as the wind blows the grass, watching as birds fly around in a group they're never alone.

A loud bang is heard on the door, filling the once silent room.

I would get up to unlock the door but it's locked, I can't physically leave or open it if I wanted to.