Chapter Twenty

I've lost count of how long I have been in this cell, I had hope that Captain Levi and Hange would be able to convince Commander Erwin to let me out, but I've lost that hope.

I was informed by a doctor the other day that my eye doesn't look infected, but I have completely lost sight in my right I mean I lost my whole eye how would I be able to see from it?

But since my eye is still in the early stage from the damage it received I must still have a bandage wrapped on it, I can't get an eyepatch just yet.

I sigh hitting my head against the wall beside my 'bed'. It is cold in this cell and I don't know how much longer I can take being held here, all I do is cry down here because I am given so much time to think.

For the past few days I have been thinking of Annie, I never asked if she was okay but I do hope she is. That they didn't hurt her even if they wanted answers, I rather them hurt me than my sister.

Armin.

He has been on my mind since I came into this cell, how I betrayed him, how he lost trust in me, how he looked at me. All those thoughts just make me cry, because never again will he see me the same I will be seen to him now as Adelita someone who betrayed him.

I wanted to be seen as something other than Annie's younger sister, but I believe that this is worse.

I cover my eye as I start to weep, ugly sobs escaping my mouth I don't care because I can be as loud as I want no one ever comes down here. It is making me feel like I am crazy, I continue to cry becoming even louder.

"Adelita?"

I hear a soft voice ask out I quickly look up to see the same blue eyes that have grown fond to me, I wipe my eye and look away from Armin pretending as if I didn't see or hear him.

"Adelita... I came to visit you."

He says softly I can hear him shuffling or doing something on the other side of the bars, "Adelita, please I just want to talk... they didn't send me here, I-I wanted to."

I continue to look at the wall ahead of me, ignoring everything Armin is saying.

But he just continues to go on about how he wanted to be here, and they didn't send him.

"Why would you, want to talk to me? I betrayed you."

I ask finally turning my gaze to him, he is sitting on the floor his hands in front of me and his face is red.

"Because we believe you... I believe you. Everyone does you will be out soon; I promise they're just handling paperwork with you. Mikasa is excited to see you... even Eren... I am too."

As he says that his eyes lift to mine and his face goes even redder, I bite back a smile feeling as my face starts to heat up.

"How do I know you're not lying? And you're just here to get things out of me because they know I'll talk to you."

I ramble out to him, but he just shakes his head.

"They don't want anything else from you, I swear! Please, Adelita we're friends... well I want to be your friend."

I groan and cover my ears, "you sound like Marco! He said the same thing and then he died, you can't say to be my friend and then die Armin!"

I yell at him while I continue to cry because I am reminded of Marco, and how I let him down I can't let Armin down too.

"But I won't."

He tries to tell me, but I won't listen, I just keep muttering random things while sobbing. Armin groans and places his hands around the bars.

"Stop it, Adelita! Goodness stop it! Okay, I understand you're scared and worried about making friends and worried about caring for people because you weren't raised that way, but I don't care! Understand me, I don't care! I want to be your friend and I would die and come to hell and back just to become it!"

He yells at me taking me by surprise which stops me from crying, he looks me in the eye and smiles.

"I want to be by your side because I know you're good. You deserve friends, and you deserve to be you. Whatever happened to following what you wanted?" He asks and I nod, getting up from the bed in the corner and taking a seat in front of him.

"I want to do what I want," I whisper placing my hand on top of his that's wrapped on the bar, he smiles and brings his other hand to my hair.

He hesitates but I nod he places a piece behind my ear, a small smile forming on my lips."So, Lita... what do you want to do?"

Whenever he says that it feels weird, it makes me feel happy and giddy. "I want... to be your friend, I want to be friends with everyone who considers me their friend."

He pats my head with his free hand while we lace our other hands together.

"You're letting me touch you, and you're not freaking out." He states as he looks at our hands together, I nod keeping silent.

I never liked people touching me because some people just do whatever they want. Which made me fall victim to it, I don't like talking about it only a couple of people know.

"Why?" That is all Armin asks I shake my head, "I'm just not ready to tell you... maybe one day, but since I found you Armin you've shown me that I can't let what happened to define me... so I will allow people to be close to me because I can do what I want."

I finish telling him, he smiles and removes his hand from mine hold I frown upon seeing that."Adelita, you make me so happy."

I open my mouth wide, feeling my face flush red once again. "I guess... you make me happy too."

But I start to remember how I felt with Marco, how I felt I finally made a friend and connected with someone just for them to die.

"Armin..."

"Adelita."

I smile at him saying my name, trying to hide it behind my hands.

"You won't die, you're not going to get close to me and then hurt me by dying?" I ask him bringing my eyes back to his blue ones.

"No, I would never because don't forget. We need to go to the ocean."

I nod sliding my hand through the bars again, Armin meets my hand halfway through and we lace them together. Doing nothing but sitting here holding hands, Armin breaks the silence though.

"You look cool with one eye."

----

A/N

Guys I am actually so sorry these chapters took so long, a lot came up man. The a lot being that I was going through a breakdown ... but that's alright because i'm back and ready to work! My goal is to finish all of my story before the next part comes out, let's hope I meet it!

-lei <3