Chapter Sixteen

Armin is a genius, and I should've never doubted his brain.

Because he has already pieced together Annie is the female titan, he already placed all the clues together, but it put me in a shit position.

I hadn't realized he figured it out, and now I am a piece in their game to trick Annie and capture her.

Once they capture her, I am to be next I've only realized their plan now because we are here in the Military Police station.

To get Annie to help us and I'm not dumb so I pieced together what they were doing.

I walk behind Mikasa and Eren my head is down while Armin and Annie, walk side by side in the front.

Annie isn't dumb she must know what is going on, she'll be faster at picking stuff like this up she won't be like me.

"We made it; I can't believe it was so easy." Eren whispers to us, "hush." Mikasa whispers to him but he doesn't listen and continues to ignore her.

"Tch, the military police are at work. I'm even surprised they bothered to show up at all."

"Let's just keep moving," Mikasa speaks to him once again, I don't bring my head up and continue to stare at the floor angry within myself for letting them get close enough to me so they can trick me. How could they do something like this, hopefully, they know Annie isn't the same she is older and wiser than me which is why she was picked for this.

"Hopefully they don't notice my stand alike, I mean Jean and I look nothing alike."

Armin now speaks up upsetting me, but I can't be mad at him he knew how to play his cards right.

"It's close enough, you both have that same angry scowl. And the same boulder-sized chip on your shoulder."

I lift my eyes from the ground finally and my eyes catch with Annies, I stare at her for a while to try to warn her, but she doesn't need me she's already figured it out she told me with the stare she is giving me.

"Hey, so if I refused to help you guys out then what was your plan be for getting over the wall."

"It's obvious Annie, they would've used their ODM gear," I tell her not even daring to bat an eye toward Armin.

"But please, tell me... why must Adelita be here?"

Armin quickly answers her question, "because you two are sisters. It's easier to get around here if we have someone related and we needed all the hands we could get."

"That is stupid." Is the last thing she says as she stops talking, we continue to walk in silence and soon enough we've reached the underground staircase.

Mikasa wraps an arm around my waist to make sure I can't go anywhere, I want to scream out from her touching me. "She doesn't like to be touched like that," Annie speaks up not looking at neither Mikasa nor me but it's obvious she is talking to us.

Mikasa lets go and shoves me further down the staircase so I can continue walking.

As everyone walks down the stairs Annie stays in place, refusing to move and I know why.

"Annie, what's the matter? You're not afraid of dark cramped spaces, are you?"

"So what?... so, what if I am? I wouldn't expect a suicidal manic-like you to understand. You don't what it is to be an ordinary girl crippled with fear."

I want to laugh at her stupid explanation, how she said it trying to sound scared is too funny to me.

"Annie, you and I are both two girls who can flip a full-grown man... what is there to be scared of the dark?" I tell her but my voice is the opposite of hers, I am trying to make my voice calmer and nice sounding.