Chapter Twenty-Six

Hange made everyone move out to give Ymir and Krista, well I guess it is Historia now.

To give both of them space, I look around for Reiner or Bertholdt to question them about Ymir, but I see neither of them. This isn't good they're going to do something I can feel it.

"Adelita, are you all right?" I jump as I hear Armin's voice and the feeling of his hand on my shoulder, he quickly removes his hand and apologizes.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have touched you without your permission."

I look around still very wary of my surroundings, "no it's okay... by any chance have you seen Reiner?.. or Bertholdt?"

He nods grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the wall, he points up to the top explaining he last saw them by Eren. I tighten my hold on Armin's hand and swing myself to the top with him, using my gear.

I just so happen to land right in front of Reiner, he is covering his face while complaining about being weak. I kick his bad arm causing him to look up, he can see the look I have on my face it's different from my normal face.

"Tell them Adelita, Armin, how Annie almost crushed me."

Armin nods looking towards him, "that's twice I've nearly died now." I smirk looking down at him, "maybe the third time you'll actually die."

He pushes me towards the ground I fall backwards into Armin, he shakes his head at me telling me what I said was wrong.

I roll my eyes pushing myself off of Armin, "was only joking."

I'm not at all joking.

As I begin to walk away Reiner starts up again, "this is what it really means. What it is to be a soldier, your spirit breaks and the body follows."

I stop in place upon hearing that, now he wants to talk about being a soldier and what it does to you. But when I talk about it, about fighting I get told to be quiet.

I turn back to him, "where is the point in whining about it? You're alive so just shut up."

I repeat exactly what they told me, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie. Would tell me when I whined about training, fighting, or anything it's not fair he can sit here and play a character.

"You're right, well not until we plug up the wall at least," Reiner tells me I shake my head at him walking away from them again.

"That's true the two of you have been driven far enough from your hometown as it is, this is it, this is where we draw the line."

I can't walk any further from them as someone grips my arm pulling me back.

"Truer words were never spoken! Home! Let's go! We've been in here long enough! Compared to everything else we had to go through the rest is easy!"

Bertholdt exclaims looking at me and Reiner, I quickly catch on to what he means shaking my head even harder I forcibly pull my arm away from his. "You're right! We don't have much further to go before it's done!"

"No! I'm not going home!" I shout walking towards Eren and Armin, Reiner only smiles and shakes his head. "Home won't be the same without you."

"What are you all talking about?" Eren asks confused I look around trying to find anything to switch the topic, I point down the wall.

"Look, it's the Garrison advance squad. They have to know where the hole is."

I walk over to the edge of the wall where they're heading, placing myself right between Mikasa and Hange.

Everyone crowds around the edge as a man begins to approach, he climbs to the top of the wall everyone stares down at him as he huffs out of breath.

"Wall's perfectly fine." He states quickly Erens face droops down, "what?"