Chapter Thirty-Eight

Captain Levi came up with a plan to figure out where Eren and Historia have been taken, but a lot of it does involve torture.

Everyone sits upstairs while Hange and Levi torture a man just below us, Armin is still disgusted with himself for killing someone even after I tried to cheer him up. I don't know what to do.

"Here we go again." Jean comments as the man begins to scream once again, "the screams seem a lot louder than they were. When the captain did it."

"I know it's to save our friends, but... it still makes me sick," Connie says silently I look up to him, and Armin is staring at the floor as I sit beside him, he won't look up. No matter what Mikasa and I do.

"Let's face the facts. We're criminals now. Our last enemy wanted to eat us; we don't have an excuse for killing these people. It's just that their views are different. No. It's just that they're in another group and for that, we'll take their lives."

His head drops even lower, and it looks as if he is going to cry again. I place my hand on his back.

"Armin, it isn't like that, and you know it. None of us are criminals, we're defending our friends just like how you defended Jean, Armin. If you didn't shoot Jean wouldn't be here, if this man doesn't talk, we won't see Eren again."

I take a deep breath and continue to talk.

"No one is in the right here, but everything we've all done doesn't define who we are. I've killed people just because I was raised that way, it wasn't right, and I knew it. And for the longest, I thought I was a monster because I've taken innocent lives. But Armin you showed me, that I'm not a monster I'm just Adelita. And I think all of you are far from criminals."

Armin pushes me away from him as my eye widens, "no. We're not good people. Not anymore at least."

Mikasa steps closer to me as she sees my face drop, "just let him be for now." She whispers in my ear as Armin lays with his head down.

I nod, trying to brush Armin's words out of my head.

"It's okay Armin, because in my head and heart. You'll always be a good person; you made the right call."

I stand from my seat inching closer to Armin as I place a kiss on his head, he doesn't move from my actions, but I hope he realizes he isn't a bad person.

Connie leans back in his chair as he begins to scratch his head, "you know Adelita, I've been feeling kind of bad too."

That brings a smile to my face as I ignore his comment, no one says another word because then the basement door opens, and in comes Hange and the captain.

"We have news," Hange announces loudly while we all stand up waiting for them to continue, slowly Hange announces who the Reiss family is and what Historia is.

"You mean the rightful heir to the throne is Historia?"

Armin asks, finally deciding he can speak.

Hange nods, "that's correct. Based on that knowledge, we're assuming that she and Eren have been taken to Lord Reiss."

Moblit pulls out a piece of paper he has and sticks it to the wall, in the photo is a man with big eyes and a top hat.

"That's him." That is all the captain says as everyone examines the photo.

"They also plan to eat Eren, Eren recalled a conversation between Bertholdt and Ymir. Based on this we can speculate; that Ymir use to be a mindless Titan just like the others. Until she consumed someone, someone from Bertholdt and Reiners group."

Hange turns their gaze onto me, "Adelita, I do assume you know something."

"Um... Yeah, at that time we had no idea it was Ymir. Her titan just appeared, and it ate Marcel I remember Annie jumped in front of me to protect me. I was so scared I didn't let go of her hand the entire time."

I feel myself growing sad at remembering how Annie protected me, she always did but it wasn't like she wanted to. She did it not out of love, but because I was her sister.

I don't think Annie has ever loved me.

"I do recall you saying if you passed your mission here, you were to eat Annie."

Hange says, I nod because Eren isn't wrong he is most certainly going to be devoured.

"Now we've never seen a Titan turn back into a human by eating one before. That said Reiner's comrades aren't normal humans. And there's a different set of rules for humans that can turn into Titans. My thought is this: If a Titan eats someone with that power, then it'll transform back into a human. What's more, they'll obtain whatever powers that human had."

Hange then sidetracks into talking about Reiner in the battle the other day, until they get back on track about what is the topic.

"My point is, if the government has a Titan of their own, they'll use it to eat Eren."

Mikasa kicks herself off the wall, her face full of anger as she walks to the door in a rush. Captain Levi is quick to grab her before she can exit.

"Calm down. I know you wanna get Eren back but going on a rampage won't help with that. Anyways, we're heading for Rod Reiss' estate. Prepare to leave at once."

Everyone nods their head calling out sir in response, Mikasa opens the door being the first one to leave.

I follow close behind her to reach our room to get our things and leave but a hand on my shoulder stops me, I turn around quickly grabbing the person's arm and placing it behind their back quickly.

But I stop as soon as I see blonde hair, my hand loosens as Armin backs away from me I quickly apologize turning back around to walk away.

But he only stops me again when he wraps his hand around mine, "Am I really a good person?" He asks quietly while looking to the ground.

"Armin, there is no such thing as right and wrong or good and bad. Where I came from, I was taught to hate you, Mikasa, Eren, Sasha, and Connie. Everyone here I was taught to hate and then I got here, and I see you're nothing like they said. I will always think you're good, no matter what."

I remove my hand from his placing pieces of his hair behind his ear, and with my other hand, I tilt his hand up to look me in the eye.

Even if I have to look up to look at him.

When I see him, tears are falling down his cheeks, I wipe one of them away as I lean into him.

And just like before our lips meet, but this time the kiss is salty and wet.

But I don't mind, and I don't think Armin does because he doesn't pull away.

I pull him closer to me wrapping his arm around my waist, slowly he grips onto me as our lips match together like a puzzle piece.

As if they were made for each other, I open my mouth to try to get air, but all that causes is Armin's tongue to touch against mine.

I pull away immediately a string of saliva connecting from our lips, I feel my face grow hot as I look at him.

I don't understand how to commutate this feeling I have for Armin, it's different than any other feeling I've had from anyone.

Sometimes I do wish Annie was here, maybe she could've taught me about this stuff.

That's a lie, I don't wish Annie was here sometimes. I always wish she was here; I miss her even if all I felt for her was envy.

"Hey! Armin, Adelita go get your things!" Hange's words drag me out of my trance, as I look at Armin he's just as red as me.

I slowly bring myself to move, turning around to walk to where I was originally heading but I stop.

Quickly turning myself back to Armin as I lean into him once more, placing a quick kiss on his lips before I start to run in the direction of our cabin.

If Armin can see me as a good person if he can even like me. Which I'm pretty sure he does, then I can see the good in him.

And I mean who wouldn't like Armin, he's amazing even if he doesn't see it.

—————

A/N

Just want to say Adelita and Armin aren't dating yet, they have feelings for eachother duh but Adelita is very not smart in that area so she doesn't understand it very much still.

-lei <3