Chapter Forty-Five

The heat that Rod Reiss emitted while moving around was nearly enough to burn us, I walk to the barrel of water beside Connie and Sasha.

I grab it quickly pouring it all over my head as everyone does the same.

I breathe heavily as the cold water cools me down, placing the barrel down I squeeze out the water from my hair and look up to see Connie and Sasha looking directly at me.

"What?"

Their eyes go wide, it looks like they're legitimate stars circling in them. Sasha's mouth opens as she squeals.

"You're so cool, Adelita!" Connie and her both scream, I awkwardly smile at them as I turn my body away from them.

Maybe the heat is getting to them.

Another wave of heat hits me as Eren begins to transform, his heat combined with Rod Reiss is just so much.

I begin to fan myself before I feel more cool water running down me, I quickly turn around seeing Mikasa with the barrel.

"You looked hot."

I nod smiling at her choice of words, "yes I am very hot." I speak as I drain some of the water from my shirt that is now sticking to me.

"It's okay, it'll be over soon."

"All set, Commander!" Armin shouts as Sasha begins to roll the barrel of weapons Armin already has his, we all stand ready waiting for the shots to be blown.

I look at the Titan in front of us as blood begins to leak down his face, his organs leaking out as if everything is just raw.

Commander Erwin lifts his gun, "on my mark!" The Titan roars at the noise.

"Now!"

Armin pulls the trigger as Sasha does the same, quickly clinging to his skin as they let go of the barrels and roll to him.

They both quickly explode on him creating more holes in his skin. As he begins to rock back and forth losing his balance fairly quickly.

As he falls down more smoke and heat are created but we just have to keep going through, we can't stop the plan.

"Eren do it!" Is all I hear as Eren comes running down the wall, the bag of gunpowder in hand.

He runs down quickly shaking the walls with each step he takes, as he finally reaches the Titan it begins to scream and move around but it doesn't stop Eren he only goes faster.

Raising his hand, he throws the gunpowder in.

The second it enters his mouth it explodes, clouds of red go everywhere.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead watching as Rod Reiss begins to bubble up.

He explodes the remains of his body going everywhere.

Erwin doesn't waste one second. "Go! Deploy your ODM gear and finish it off!"

I grab my swords as I leave the wall, swinging in the air and hitting all the pieces that have been blown into the air.

My body twist from left and right as I keep looking for the piece, the piece that will end everything.

But I just can't, I can't find it I stop in the air as I look around my eye widens when I see who it is.

Historia.

I already understand. I don't need to find the piece anymore, none of us should be looking because this isn't any of our battles. It's Historia's.

I watch as she cuts the piece in half, it goes back as she moves forward causing another explosion to happen one that sends her to the ground.

I smile softly, she's doing her own thing. She's listening to Ymir, maybe now she can do what Ymir wanted for her.

I wish Ymir could see.

-------------

The coronation for Historia has passed, and she is now labeled our queen it's still a little weird to say that.

I take back every mean thing I've thought about her.

As of now Historia has a new mission, and she wants to complete it so badly I think it's pretty funny but since she is queen no one can stop her.

"Wait, you're actually doing it? For real?"

"Yeah, I am," Historia responds to Eren sternly.

"Come on, it was just a joke. Right, Mikasa?"

Mikasa does the complete opposite of what Eren is thinking. "After you've smacked him, you should tell him this: I dare you to hit me back."

"It's not a serious grudge, let it go," Eren says once again, Historia isn't changing her mind any time soon.

"If I can't even do this, then how can I call myself a queen?"

"That's the spirit! Pound that runt." Jean eggs on only making Eren more upset, but no one can say another word as we come up by Captain Levi.

Historia steps up in front of him shaking, as we all watch her ready herself for this.

She begins to scream as she brings her fist up, charging at the man in front of her she quickly punches him.

Her face morphs into a smile as all of us become shocked, well except for Mikasa she has a slight smirk.

Historia begins to laugh while placing her fist back up. "Did that hurt? Well, I'm queen now, so too bad! If you have a probl-." She can't finish her speech as the captain begins to chuckle.

"Thanks, you guys. I needed that."

Historia groans while crossing her arms, "he's lying I know it hurts!" She exclaims while rolling her eyes before she smiles and turns to look at us.

"Next order of business as queen, I will cut Adelita's hair!"

My eye widens as I grab my hair.

"What'd you say?" I ask as she continues smiling.

"You heard me, I'll need the biggest pair of scissors for it."

"You can't do that! She can't, can she?" I turn to ask the captain who only shrugs.

"You know it does need some of a trim." He says while smiling, my mouth drops as I shake my head.

"Are you going to disrespect the queen like that?" Jean asks with Connie nodding beside him.

"Armin, don't you think she should cut it?" Historia asks Armin as his smile grows wider, Mikasa has her head turned so I can't see her face same with Eren's.

Before Armin can even speak I do it for him.

"Um, NO! He doesn't he loves my long hair. Like how he likes me!" I exclaim loudly as Armin's face turns red causing Historia to bust out laughing and everyone else too.

Even the captain.

Historia hooks her arm around my neck and pulls me into her.

"I'm only joking, Adelita! Calm down." She laughs out, now I cross my arms rolling my eye.

I didn't find the joke funny.

---------

A/N

Happy Halloween!!

-lei