Chapter Eight

It has been two days since Eren filled the hole, right now we were all given the command to clean up. We must pick up the dead people to get them categorized so they can get their proper burial.

I walk around, my head down the mask tied tight around my face. My eyes feel heavy, and I don't think I can even carry myself.

Marco.

That is the only thing on my mind, how could they be so heartless like that and just kill him. He did nothing wrong it wasn't even a proper death.

As I walk around, I am still crying silently, I got chewed out by all of them Reiner the most though. Because of the scene, I created with Marco.

I trip because I'm not looking where I am going, when I lift my eyes to see what I tripped on it's a body. My eyes go wide when I see who it is, it's like now he is haunting me, Marco.

It's his body on the ground half of his face and chest are gone. I don't want to leave him though instead, I place my hand on his head, gently patting his head as I cry loudly.

"I'm sorry, I am so sorry Marco. Please, I am so sorry."

I'm patting his head, but it isn't enough, instead, I wrap my arms around him. Well, what is left of him, crying into his shirt. I feel like shit, even more of a worse person than I already was.

I hear footsteps behind me, and then I hear a gasp. "Marco?" A low voice speaks, I know that voice it's Jean. I sob out even louder turning to face him.

"I'm sorry Jean! I could've saved him!"

I start to choke on my spit, crying so hard I think I might just vomit.

"If you have a name for this one, it would be helpful to pass it along." A lady comes and tells us I start to wipe my eyes still holding onto Marco. Never did allow him to hug me, but now here I am doing the thing I hate the most.

The glass shards are rubbing up onto my clothes, ripping holes into them but I didn't care.

"What happened? Adelita?" Jean asks me I just sobbed louder. "I killed him! Because I am so weak and useless, I did it, I should just die!"

"You should, it should've been you then. Not him." Jean speaks out, walking around now not being able to accept that Marco is dead. The woman who has asked for Marco's name has now come over to me.

"A name would be helpful; we don't have time for this. I get you two must've been close, but he is gone. People die every day; this isn't something to try to kill yourself over."

My eyes go wide upon hearing her say that, how dare she say that she doesn't know what happened.

"I will kill you! Since people die every day!" I yell mocking her, getting off of Marco and dashing toward the woman. I'm held back before I can grab her, it's Jean and he shakes his head at me while I just continue to yell incoherent things to her.

"He was a member of the 104th cadet corps, captain of squad 19. Marco Bott."

Jean tells her as he continues to hold her back, the woman nods her head and thanks him. Jean lets go of me causing me to fall to the ground he apologizes for grabbing me and placing a hand out to help me up.

But it is hit out of my face by someone. Reiner, "she is fine to get up." I ignore him pushing Reiner out the way and grabbing onto Jean's body to help me, "don't tell me how I feel."

I tell him before walking away, my tears are still fresh and hot and continue to roll down my face. But I had to leave, I couldn't stand being there with Reiner not after what he did, after what they all did.

---

A/N

Well, on a happier note I have a job interview. I better get it if i don't i'll cry, i'll update you all if i do.

-lei <3