Chapter Seventeen

As we are running down the steps the yellow light grows bigger, signaling Annie is transforming it is horrifying to hear the screams of the people who were just trying to help who are now dead. All because of their kindness.

The walls behind us are so broken down from impact bloodied dead bodies come flying, it is a horrific sight I can't believe what I am looking at it. But I don't have much time to look at it before I am thrown to the ground, Annie's arm in titan form comes crashing through I would be grabbed if it isn't for Mikasa dragging me away at the last moment.

We all start running again as Annie's hand chases us, "you're her sister reason with her Adelita!" Eren yells to me, I shrug my shoulders. "She doesn't give a shit what I say."

"She gave a shit enough to call you Lita and listen to you but what the hell does that even mean. Lita?" He asks as we continue to run through the dark hallways.

"It's a childhood nickname when we were younger, she would use it guess it's her way of trying to get under my skin," I explain to them, trying hard to forget it.

"Why?" They all ask in unison.

"Because she doesn't know whose side I'm on."

"Well, is it ours or hers?"

I shake my head going silent, "I don't know."

That is the last thing that is said, as we now continue to run in silence. "Damnit, that ring! She knew I was lying she knew I was leading her into a trap! I should've taken a different approach."

I would also say Annie knew he was lying because of me, I'm her sister she just knows. And I would be damned if I would let them hurt her and not say anything.

"Well too bad, save the should've till after this. What we shouldn't have done is brought her!" Mikasa exclaims pointing to me, "the bitch knew this whole time! She's not dumb, her nor Annie."

"She could also give us hell any minute she wants to. Isn't that right Adelita?" Eren asks me while looking up towards me great now since Annie is discovered as a titan it completely ruins everything for me.

"No! Adelita wouldn't! You heard what Annie said, she didn't want to do this!" Armin says trying to plead for me, I can see he has one last piece of hope for me but that light in his eyes for me will soon go out.

"Well too bad, the question now is what to do next?"

Armin stands up and starts to help, "Okay. First of all, we need to rendezvous with squad three then get the hell above ground! And fight her in the open, which means we're switching to plan B she is all yours Eren. Got it?"

"Yea."

"But we can't let Adelita out of our sight, as much as I don't want to say this, we can't trust her, and we don't know how far she'll go for her sister," Armin tells them keeping his eyes away from me, I feel saddened how could I let him not trust me.

Out of all people, Armin lost trust in me, but I don't care because who needed him who needs anyone?

As we continue to run, we eventually catch up with squad three they stand there waiting for us.

"Squad three!"

"Hey, what happened is plan A, a no go?"

Armin nods, "afraid so yes. As of right now, we are going with the backup option."

I know what Annie is doing, she is going to capture Eren one way or another she doesn't care. "Move!" I yell towards squad three, but they are too late they've already been squashed by Annie's foot.