Chapter Five

I balance myself on the beam above the titans, watching and waiting so I can jump down and get my titan at the right time.

The pain throughout my body is still unbearable, but I still have found a way to manage it. My legs are so sore I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

"Fire!"

I hear Marco yell, and then bullets start shooting out everywhere. I wait for them to all stop before I start to run, running as fast as my legs can go even though my body is crying for me to stop.

I launch myself in the air, getting close enough to the titan to slice its nape. Once it is done, I fall back to the ground trying my hardest not to place all my weight on my hurt leg.

I watch around me as the titans fall, but two stay up still standing.

"Damn it! Connie and Sasha missed!" I hear Jean yell; I don't even have the energy to try to stop them. I feel so tired I just let my body lay on the floor.

Mikasa and Annie had it though, soon both titans fell to the ground.

"It worked!" I hear Armin cheer; I don't know how he could ever call himself weak. He came up with this idea and it saved everyone in here.

"Are you alright, Adelita?"

It's Marco and he holds out a helping hand for me, I think about using it to pull myself up, but another hand hits his down.

"She's fine, get up Adelita."

I follow as Annie says, stumbling as I work my way to standing up. "See, she can stand all by herself."

Marco smiles and goes to hug me, but I step back. "Oh, yea I forgot." Instead, he pats my head. "You did amazing, even with a twisted foot."

"I was okay but thank you, Marco." I lift my arm up and stand as tall as I can to mimic his actions laying a hand on his head. And gently patting him, as he was just doing to me.

He laughs and walks off in Jean's direction. I turn around ready to go get supplies when someone pulls my hair back, I make a face in discomfort.

"Adelita, becoming friends with them was not a part of the plan."

"Right, I am sorry."

She scoffs and let's go of my hair, "leave Armin alone too."

I nod, "he was never a friend Annie."

She nods her head, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the direction of the supplies. We sit in silence filling up our tanks with gas. I watch as Armin fills his up with Mikasa, talking to her and laughing I'm stuck in a trance looking at him.

Annie nudges me in the side once she is done filling up her tank with air, I soon finish mine and we meet back up with Reiner and Bertholdt.

"You're bleeding." Bertholdt tells me I nod at him, "Yes. I have seen that captain obvious."

"You're going to need to be bandaged." I shake my head, "It's old blood. I already got bandaged."

"Oh, just don't overuse yourself."

I just wanted to tell him to leave me alone, and that I do what I want. But I stayed quiet deciding silence was the best option.

Soon we all move out, but we stop when we see the titan who helped us being devoured.

Mikasa, Armin, and Jean all already looking at it.

"I was hoping he would be the key for us. That he'd help mankind break the cycle. Turn the time a little, to just give us a ray of hope." Mikasa tells Armin, I agree with her. How I wish everything would just stop because there is no need for this.

"She's right. He's too valuable to just let die. I think it is perfectly clear that our priority should be to scare the scavengers off, he is no good to us picked apart."

"Are you out of your mind?! We got a path out of this nightmare, and you want to stay?!"

I roll my eyes at Jean, saying what everyone has to be thinking. "Wimp." Annie rolls her eyes toward me.

"Think about it, having an abnormal as an ally would be an incredible advantage. Cannons got nothing on a titan who likes to rip apart his own kind."

Jean gasps in disgust, "do you hear yourself. He's not like a new friend."

Armin's gasp makes everyone stop; we watch as a new titan comes along. "It's the one who ate Thomas." But before that titan can do anything, the other titan comes back. With no arms, he uses his mouth.

Biting into the titan, I watch in disgust. before muttering out an ew.

The titan then stands up and screams before it collapses to the ground. Its wounds steaming, my eyebrows drop as that has completely confirmed my suppositions about this titan.

Jean encourages us to move on and keep going but no one moves. Everyone stays put watching the titan. Its nape has come undone, and something is wiggling to come out.

Out emerges, Eren Jaeger.

---

A/N

i remember when i first watched aot and Eren died, i was like wtf i was so confused. But slowly Adelita will warm up to everyone, it's hard for her.

-lei <3