Chapter Forty-Three

All of Levi's squad and Hange's squad left that damned place, it was so gross there and this Titan is even more disgusting.

Eren and Historia sit in a carriage as the rest of us surround them with our horses, slowly our horses stop because the Commander has found us.

"Anyone hurt?" He speaks up as the captain rides over to him. "Yeah, Hange took a hit."

"Doesn't look like anything too serious. You've done excellent work, all of you." Commander Erwin says praising all of us, even if he didn't directly say it to me, I feel happy.

He noticed something I did, even if he didn't say it straight to me.

"I've got a whole slew of things to report, but first-." Captain Levi is cut short by Commander Erwin.

"Anything on that Titan?"

"It's Rod Reiss. Look forward on hearing your thoughts on this, Commander."

The Commander then looks around, he eyes Historia and Eren he then starts speaking. "Time's short. We can't afford to stand here and chat. Head back to the wall."

He turns around and begins to walk away but Levi stops him. "You're gonna let that thing drag its fat ass all the way to Sina?"

"Well, more specifically, I'm letting it continue towards Orvud District." And with that, he rides off, and the captain turns around to all of us. He doesn't speak a word as he begins to follow Erwin.

We all do the same, following beside this disgusting Titan.

I can feel myself sweating, I can feel it wetting my shirt it is from the Titan.

All the heat it's big ass is producing.

"All right, time to think. First off, Lord Reiss was after the Founding Titan's power. And that power currently resides within Eren. Thing is, the Founding Titan can only be used at its full potential by someone with royal blood. But then, when a royal does obtain the Founding Titan's power, they suddenly take on the First King's ideology, which means they'll refuse to do anything about the Titans. Well, this certainly is a conundrum."

Hange speaks, I wish they could stop talking though. They should be taking a rest even if it is hard in a time like this.

"You know, we still have the option to go back. We just need that Titan to eat me, then Reiss will become a human again. Right Adelita?" He looks at me as everyone soon turns their head to me, I freeze at a loss for words.

"I don't want to say yes, I am not the most reliable source. I need you all to understand that."

"See, we should listen to her. Don't be rash Eren not even she knows if it'll work." Mikasa says looking at Eren, she wouldn't ever dare to let Eren be eaten. Not again.

"It's worth considering. Once Reiss turns back into a human, we could capture him, and undo the first King's brainwashing. Assuming that it can be done, it may well open a path to save humanity."

I look at them wide-eyed. "Did you not just hear me?" I ask loudly to the captain, wondering if it just went through his ear and out the other because what the hell?

He only ignores me, once again.

"Tell me, Eren. If that turns out to be our best bet, are you willing to do it?"

Eren looks back to Levi, his stare cold.

"Yes, I am."

"What?! Did you not just hear a word of anything I said?!" I yell louder to them causing all their eyes to fall on me.