Chapter Thirty-Five

Everyone stands on the top of a mountain looking down at the house we were just in, it is being raided right now.

"That was close. What if they had caught us? Would they rip our nails off?" Connie states staring down at the people quickly entering the cabin.

"How did Commander Erwin know they were heading here?" Armin asks as he spoke, I watched him not being able to take my eye off of him.

"The government's passed down some new orders. There's been a freeze on all Scout activity outside the wall. We're to hand over Eren and Historia."

Eren gasps but Historia keeps on the same face she has been wearing since we've got here, I feel bad for her I know she still has some hope that Ymir is alive, but I know Ymir's fate.

"Captain. I didn't have time to tell you, but some MPs came for the commander right after I left him."

Hange steps closer to the girl, "what? Like he's some kind of criminal?"

"They're bringing this fight out into the open. No more working from the shadows."

"They're going to protect the walls' secrets at any cost. But why? And what exactly are they after Eren and Historia for? They don't want them dead, so what are they planning?" Hange quires placing their hand on their chin, thinking deeply.

"Who knows? But they want these two and they're not being subtle about it. Which makes lingering here dangerous, we'll move Eren and Historia to Trost."

Captain Levi commands everyone starts to talk, not thinking Trost will be the right place for them to go.

"We're taking them to the same district where Pastor Nick was just murdered?" Moblit asks what everyone is thinking, "heading towards the interior would be worse. With Trost in panic, it'll be easier to slip in. And if things do go to hell, we can use these in the city."

Captain Levi answers him showing off his gear, "we don't need the identity of our enemy yet. I have an idea how we can change that. Hange, I'll need you to lend me some of your squad."

"No problem. All right I'm going after Commander Erwin. Moblit's with me the rest of you will go with Levi." Hange commands their squad they quickly listen walking to Levi.

"Hange! Here, I remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholdt. I wrote it down for you it's all there."

I know what Eren's talking about, but he purposely left out the part where I was involved.

Hange accepts the paper from Eren, placing it in their pocket. "Thank you, I'll take a look at it later." And with that Hange and Moblit are gone, Captain Levi commands us to begin walking being the first one to start everyone follows behind him.

As we walk, I look around for Mikasa and Sasha once I spot them, I walk over in their direction.

I grab Mikasa's wrist pulling her to Sasha with me she doesn't say anything, once we appear beside Sasha she smiles and looks at us.

"Oh, hey guys. What do you need?"

I let go of Mikasa's wrist as she shrugs her shoulders bringing her eyes to me, "I don't know. Adelita said she had a question for us."

I look at them walking as slow as I can, "we're friends right?"

Sasha nods her head placing her arms around my shoulders, I ease into her action as Mikasa begins to nod her head also.

"Yes, I don't see why we wouldn't be friends."

"Then why don't we kiss? I mean we hug, and friends do that I guess, but why can't we kiss I mean we are friends?"