Chapter Thirty-Six

We arrived in Trost District Captain Levi had come up with a plan for Historia and Eren, I wasn't too fond of it because it involved Armin.

"Try not to walk clustered together. We'll stand out. Eren and Historia just act normal."

I cling to the bag on my back walking slowly next to Sasha, "why's the royal flag hanging everywhere?" Connie asks looking around at all the flags surrounding us.

"Today must be the anniversary of the King's coronation. Once a year they hand out extra rations to celebrate it."

I know Sasha must enjoy that.

"May I have your attention, please? King Fritz has heard of the hardships in Trost. He is donating the royal family's reserves, form a line. There's plenty to go around."

All of the villagers gasp many of them laughing in delight, and all of us stop staring at the scene.

"All that food and he's just giving it away?" Sasha comments on it, I turn to her with an amused look.

"He's not going to eat it all, he isn't like you, Sasha."

She scoffs turning to the side and muttering a couple of words, as Captain Levi begins to speak.

"It's easier to control people when they're not starving."

As he says that he turns back to the front and continues walking, the rest of us following closely behind.

But he stops all of a sudden, the rest of us stopping too.

"Behind us! Look out!" As he shouts that a big carriage comes in fast, I move to the side not to get knocked down, but Eren and Historia don't as they quickly get grabbed.

Sasha quickly begins to yell something, "Armi-. Uh, Krista and Eren those bastards are running off with them!"

Mikasa grunts and begins to run after them Captain Levi looks at me.

"Well come on, don't just stand there Leonhart."

I nod following in pursuit, as everything is now going according to plan.

-----------

I stand next to Captain Levi waiting for Mikasa to come back, we followed the kidnappers back to a building where they placed 'Eren' and 'Historia.'

"If anything happens let us handle it, you're still in bad shape." He says to me while looking ahead I turn to him shaking my head, "no. I came to be helpful not sit here and be a lookout."

"Fine, your funeral." Is all he says as he crosses his arms taking a deep breath, I fiddle with my fingers waiting for Mikasa to come back.

The sound of gear and the wind blowing makes me turn to the side as Mikasa pops up on the other side of the roof, "how's everything going inside?"

"If we wait very much longer, they'll see through Armin's disguise."

As she says that I turn around to look at her, "what does that mean?"

She says nothing while placing her head down, I walk towards her crouching in front of her.

"Mikasa. What are they doing to him?"

"Leonhart, back down."

I ignore what I was ordered still trying to get answers out of Mikasa, but instead, she says nothing at a loss of words.

I begin to get impatient standing up straight now.

"Fine, don't tell me I'll see for myself."

Mikasa quickly goes to grab for me while continuously saying no, I snatch my arm from her as Captain Levi begins to tell me to stop.