Chapter Thirty-Four

"I think we've collected enough firewood," I state as I place my axe on the ground, the sun beats on my face I quickly wipe the sweat off my forehead pushing loose hairs away in the process.

Mikasa nods in agreement quickly grabbing the wood she cut up, as I do the same grabbing my axe as Historia grabs the leftover wood we can't carry.

I see her struggling with a few so I walk over to her still with a limp, I grab some from her as she shakes her head. "Adelita no! You're still healing, I can carry these!"

The bandages on my head had been removed while the stitches on my legs remain, I was given the offer to rest some more but I refused I rather continue to work. Everyone tried to stop me, but I didn't listen, I just act as if I can't hear them.

Mikasa walks forward grabbing the wood I took from Historia.

"I'll carry it." She states staring at me I frown trying to take it back from her, but her being taller than me isn't helping.

She turns her back to me and begins walking, I sigh giving up following her with the wood she didn't take from me.

Historia walks behind me, and I can just feel her eyes on me I turn around to look at her. Her face is flushed as she eyes my hair.

"Your hair is so lovely, it's amazing Commander Erwin let you keep it."

As of right now, my hair is in two braids reaching to my hips, since that day Mikasa, Eren, and Armin paid me a visit and Mikasa saw the state of my hair she insisted on fixing it.

Since today is a hot day, she thought that it should be braided I couldn't argue with her.

"Oh, thanks I don't know who I get it from," I tell her smiling brightly, her smile drops as I said that I then continue following Mikasa inside.

As we begin to enter the door, I can hear the noise of Eren and Jean arguing.

"We're back," Mikasa announces as we walk through the door, everyone's attention comes to us as Armin rushes to Mikasa and me.

"Wait, you were chopping firewood?"

Mikasa turns her head from him, "got to stay in shape somehow." I nod agreeing with her statement Armin grabs my arm.

"You can barely walk; you need to rest." I move his hand from mine backing up, "I'm sweaty don't touch me."

I walk away with Mikasa as Armin follows us; Historia doesn't move though. "You two are only humans!"

I ignore him while placing the wood down, but as I go to bend down my leg gives out, I fall to the ground the wood going everywhere as my axe drops next to me.

"See! You're not healed, you'll just open a wound on your leg!" Armin scolds me as he places his hand in front of my face, I mock him as I accept his hand.

Sasha snickers looking at us, "funny. Almost feels like we're back in the Cadet Corps, doesn't it?"

"Chaos, makes you wonder why they chose us for this new Levi squad. Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission." Armin speaks my eye trails away from him onto Sasha I watch as she shoves bread into her bag.

It doesn't go unnoticed by Armin. "Sasha, what did you just shove into your bag?"

Her face goes cold as she turns to look at Armin. "It's something that's definitely not bread."

Jean sighs as he walks over, Eren too. "Really? What did I tell you?"

"C'mon, put it back."

Jean and Connie both speak at the same time, Eren doesn't look too amused by Sasha's antics as he frowns at her.