Chapter Nineteen

Ever since Annie was caught as the female titan, and soon went into hiding life for me has been hell.

They couldn't trust me anymore since I was labeled a traitor, which caused me to be locked in a cell down in the basement. Like the cell Eren was once held in it, it is hell in here all they do is corner me with questions, but I haven't answered one.

I sit on the bed and don't say a word, now and then someone will come in to clean my eye that is the only time I'll get up.

"How is Annie a titan? Where did she obtain it from? Why did she want Eren? Why didn't you help her?"

I ignore the questions Hange throws at me and remain silent, "Isn't obvious Hange she isn't cracking. We should just give her to the military police, they'll surely have a field day with her."

Captain Levi speaks, I don't say anything I wouldn't even care to go to them because it would end how I feel.

"Why can't we just torture it out of her?" Hange asks while hitting the bars on my cell, Levi makes a sound of disapproval.

"She is a child, Hange and we're not monsters."

"She killed thousands of our comrades."

Hange tells him, I shake my head getting upset how dare they say that was me when all I wanted to do was leave, I never asked for this.

"No, it wasn't... I am not Annie; I refuse to kill innocent people."

Hange gasps and places her face to my cell, "she can speak!"

"Please, leave me alone. I rather die than have to listen to these questions again." I whisper to them, but Hange doesn't care they only get louder.

"Well, look all we want is answers! We won't hurt you about it... and the more questions you answer the faster we may let you out of here!"

I've been in this cell for a while, it wouldn't be bad to get out and finally be able to move around. Levi places his back against the cell staring at the wall in front of him, "look, kid. We don't believe you're the bad guy, so let us trust you by telling us."

Hange nods agreeing with him, "yes! you see we think it was Annie who made you do this because Eren mentioned that when you were in the tunnels you told them you didn't want this and didn't want to help."

"Why did he tell you that?" I ask sitting up on the bed now staring at Hange and Levi, with the one eye I still have.

"Because brat, they don't want to see you go. And we need all the evidence we can get to decide what to do with you."

I feel like I could smile a bit when Levi says that, when he said they defended me I know exactly who that is. Mikasa, Eren, and Armin.

"Okay... I'll answer your questions, but will the answers only stay between us?"

Hange nods their head, "yes! Just us and Commander Erwin!"

"What do you want to know?" I ask quietly fidgeting with my fingers, "why did she want Eren?"

"Because Eren has a special titan within him, and her taking him would help us complete what we needed. That is all I know about Eren's titan, I don't get told a lot." I try to explain to them, so they don't think I am lying they both nod their heads.

"What needed to be complete?"

I stay silent not wanting to speak because I wouldn't know how to word this, "because... Annie and I were sent here. To find the titan, I'm sorry that is all I can say."

"Leonhart, you know... you're making it hard to trust you."

I get up rushing to the front of the cell and wrapping my hands around the bars, "please you have to believe me! I didn't want this; I am not a titan if I succeed, they will make me eat Annie to have her titan. Please, I don't want any of this... I didn't even want to become a warrior."

I tell them snot running down my face as tears run down from my eye, I continue to cry into the bars begging them to believe me.

"Wait? What do you mean eat?"

"I-I... I would have to eat her! My sister!" I yell at them, at this point I don't care if they never release me from this cell because I cannot go back to Marley.

"To get her titan?"

I nod my head quickly tears falling faster, "wait... so that means Eren ate someone?"

"I guess, I don't know!.. I was trained not educated, I don't know a lot so I'm sorry if I don't have the answers you want."

They both nod their heads looking at me, Hange slips their hand through the bars and wipes my tears. "Don't cry! We're almost done, and once this finishes, I could teach you so much about titans!"

"Okay, let me get this straight... you and your sister were trained to come here and steal the special titan you need. Who happened to be Eren, but you didn't want to do this?"

"Yes. That is correct, all my life I had to listen to Annie... but I couldn't kill, and I'm sorry for all those she killed please forgive me."

Levi reaches a hand through the cell, giving me a quick head pat. "I'm done, I have no other questions."

He sighs and looks me in the eye, "I believe that you're innocent. And I believe we should keep you because you are one hell of a fighter and have some knowledge to help us... but that isn't up to me. We will tell all this to Erwin and see what he has to say."

I nodded wiping my runny nose on my sleeve, "any more questions Hange?" He asks them while turning to look at Hange, they nod and look at me.

"Do you like Armin Arlert, you know the blonde one with long hair."

I stare at them, "what?"

Hange shakes their head, "you know what... forget it sorry for asking."

They both say goodbyes to me and start to walk off, I call out for them to stop.

"If you can't get Commander Erwin to trust me, it is okay... because I don't deserve to be trusted."

"Don't worry, Adelita! We'll convince him!" Hange yells while jumping around, they wave bye one more time and walk away leaving me alone again. In this dark nasty cell.

Well, at least it is better than Marley.

-----

A/N

Alright this all of season one, i hope you guys are enjoying the book so far i'm sorry if it isn't what you excepted. But no Adelita is not a titan i did consider making her one but decided against it, instead making it where she would eat Annie.

But more of Adelita's story line will be released in season four, i hope you guys stick around till then. AND IM SORRY IF IT HAS ANY MISTAKES PLEASE DO TELL ME!

-lei <3