Chapter Forty-Four

We've finally arrived at our stopping place, so we can get ready for what we all are about to do. I tie my horse to his stable while petting his mane slowly, his hair is long.

Just like mine.

The captain soon walks next to me calling out for Historia.

"Historia. I forgot to tell you. There's something we need you to do."

"What's that?" She asks softly, "this is an order from Erwin. Once we finish off this Titan, seeing as you're the true successor to the throne, you'll become queen."

My hand drops from my horse's hair, my eye widening hearing what he just said.

Everyone else wears the same expression as me.

"Wait. Queen Historia? You're kidding, right?" Sasha calls out, not believing it I mean I can't either.

"The coup d'état was successful, but... the people won't follow military rule forever. We need to give them a heartwarming story. One where the rightful heir retakes her throne from the pretender."

After Levi says that Historia's eyes fall, as does her posture.

"Oh, I see."

That is all she says as silence fills the entire area until Connie raises his hand.

"Hey, uh, you heard what Historia was saying earlier, didn't you, Captain? Cause, well, it sounded to me like, maybe, in siding against her dad, she finally broke off from that part of her life, ya know. It's just like-."

Connie speaks slowly and nervously until Captain Levi cuts him off.

"Like what? You have something to say, then say it."

Connie stutters on his words, not being able to finish his sentences.

"Captain, he means that Historia finally cut her ties with the Reiss family, that she is no longer that bloodline. That she is more than it and telling her she needs to be queen is just pushing her back to where she doesn't want to be."

I speak up looking at Captain Levi, he just stares coldly at me it's scary.

"I'm just saying, it isn't fair," I say to him as sweat drips down my face, I wanted to speak up for Historia because I understand this.

I've been through this.

"It's fine. If my next duty is to become a queen, then that's what I'll do." I grow sad at hearing her speak; she can't mean it.

"Historia, please."

She doesn't let me finish though. "I do appreciate your concern, but... whether this is forced on me is really up to me to decide. And I've decided. Captain, before that I have one condition for you."

"And that is?"

"While my fate is still my own, I want to put everything I have on the line."

I sigh looking at her, I wonder what Ymir would think.

-------------

I stand on the wall watching as smoke fills the air, and loud booming noises are heard. I stand beside Mikasa as we both watch what is happening.

Commander Erwin is trying to take down this Titan in the best way possible, we don't know if it'll work.

The smoke soon clears from the air, showing an even faster, big-ass abnormal Titan, dragging himself closer to us.

As it begins to get closer, our field cannons begin to go off shooting the Titan in every spot possible. But still nothing.

"Looks like the field cannons are even less effective." The Commander complains.