Chapter Thirty-One

Neither of my hands is on Ymir I just rest on her head, not caring if I fall off or not and get eaten by the Titans Reiner is charging us into.

As he runs straight into them it causes Ymir's Titan to raise in the air, I quickly feel a grip on my arm my eye widens as I move my hands from my face looking to my side.

It's Historia she is clinging onto Ymir the best she can while trying to hold me in place, she looks at me and smiles as I stare in shock.

"Don't worry! I won't let you fall!" She shouts to me I shake my head trying to pull my hand away from hers but Reiner's Titan sinks to its knees in front of all the other Titans.

Causing me and Historia to both slam into Ymir's head, I groan as I move to Historia who is now resting her head down on Ymir's hair.

Just as I reach her, she jumps up turning around locking eyes with a huge Titan trying to grab her, I push my legs to move further not caring about the condition the right one is in.

I grab her turning my back to the Titan and letting her body rest on the front of mine, she screams out seeing the Titan trying to grab us.

In one swift moment, Ymir screams turning her body around and attacking the Titan who tried to harm Historia, I continue to grip onto Ymir's hair with one hand while my other hand cradles Historia.

Her life is more important than mine.

Ymir continues to bite through and kill the Titans, while Reiner is stuck with Titans all around him, he can't move, or he won't be able to protect Bertholdt anymore.

A Titan appears out of nowhere knocking Ymir to the ground, I continue to cover Historia with my body causing me to hit the floor my head banging hard against the grass, I feel as my breath shortens Historia moves immediately as she stands up, she looks to me her eyes watering.

"Adelita! Your head!"

I slowly move my hand to my head which is met with a warm liquid, I don't need to see it to know what it is.

"You're okay! I'll get you somewhere safe!" She yells as she grabs my hand and begins to drag me away from Ymir and the Titan she is fighting, she drags me to a tree and props me up.

Her hands grab onto both of mine and she places them on my wound, "hold it in place. I'll be right back I will protect both you and Ymir!"

She grabs onto both of her swords and swings off back to Ymir, I lay back on the tree removing my hands from my head everything is starting to blur as I try to keep my vision straight.

Historia kills the Titan in one swift moment, letting Ymir be able to drop and take a breather she tries to get closer only for her to be grabbed by a Scout.

Ymir soon runs after her I sit there alone now, not being able to think straight with my head pounding and my leg weak.

I slowly stand up using the tree for balance once I am good enough to walk, I slowly begin in the distance I can see what I think is Reiner I begin to walk in that direction tripping over my feet many times.

I hear chatter and talking coming close to me, I turn around to see what it is but a Titan that is thrown in the air catches my attention.

It nearly hits me which causes me to fall to the ground another one comes I avoid it by rolling to the side breathing heavily now.

"Adelita!" I hear my name being called I can't recognize the tone of who it is, "grab her she trusts you more."

I begin to sit up slowly grabbing onto my head as I start to make out who is in front of me.

"Armin?"

I say quietly while squinting my eye, I watch as his eyes go wide, and he holds his hand down for me.

"I'm here too, asshole." I hear someone mutter I look to my left and see Jean, he glares at me and then looks up to Reiner.

"Are you coming with us or not? You take any longer Reiner is going to kill us all."

I move my eyebrows downwards, confused as to why they would help me.

"I lied to you all, why help me?... You should hate me."

Jean rolls his eyes and looks away from me, "because we trust you. You might've tried to hurt us but you didn't mean it, and any chance you get to die you try to take it. You're one of us Adelita." He says I look back to Armin and he still has his hand out.

"Your choice." Is all he says, and I choose to stay with him, I couldn't ever leave him.

I grab onto his hand as he pulls me from the ground and to his body, he helps me onto his horse I slowly wrap my arms around him.

"Why don't you hate me?" I say quietly to him as he watches Reiner continue to throw bodies, not even a second later he already has a response.

"I couldn't ever hate you Adelita, I wouldn't leave you alone because I told you it's better when we're together."

Tears begin to fall down my eye as he spoke, I look at him and begin to cry loudly. Forgetting about everything, my head, my leg, Reiner and Bertholdt.

Only thinking about how someone sees the better in me no matter what.

————

A/N

Guys I have a dilemma, I have two possible endings for this book either it will follow the manga and end or it will follow the anime and end. But the thing is I don't know if the anime ending will be the same as the Manga, so i could either wait or just do the ending I have
in mind with the Manga. What should I do?

-lei