Chapter Fifty-One

"Fly just close enough to him to get his attention," Jean explains to all of us as Reiner begins to run forward.

But as he runs, he completely passes us, speeding up and causing the wind to throw us back.

He doesn't want us, it's obvious who they came here for.

"It looks like he's focused on Eren," Jean says out loud trying to think of a different way to go about this, but Mikasa isn't having it.

"Then we'll just have to kill him!" She yells as she pulls herself to Reiner, I think she's forgotten we're completely useless without our spears against him.

And we don't have many left to waste.

She throws one of her spears into the back of his thigh, he stumbles to the ground. Taking out half the houses near him in the process.

"If we can't get Reiner's attention, we'll have to finish him off right here! Our job is to protect Eren and Armin!"

"But Mikasa, we only have three thunder spears," I speak out only causing Sasha to shake her head.

"Well, we've got to try anyway! Because there's no way we're gonna win if we don't fight!"

As Reiner is down, we take cover at a nearby house my attention is pulled off of my own fight as I look to where Armin and Eren are.

The Colossal Titan is standing up emitting a bunch of heat, Eren is on the ground but where's Armin?

I go to move but a hand stops me, "you have to trust him." I hear Mikasa say, I let out a deep breath and listen to her turning my focus back to Reiner.

"If you really want to support Armin, kill Reiner." She tells me I nod, remembering the plan.

Jean will go first distracting Reiner, as Connie and Sasha shoot to his jaw if it goes as planned.

Their shots should break it off causing his mouth to be open letting me shoot my final spear into his mouth and hit his nape.

"I'll do my best," I tell her as the plan starts, Jean pretends to go and hit Reiner causing his focus to go there. Leaving Sasha and Connie to play their part.

Connie shoots his spear breaking one side of his jaw, but as Sasha goes it misses.

My eye widens as I feel myself growing nervous.

I look to Mikasa now doubting myself.

"I can't do it; his mouth is barely opened. I'll miss, I mean I only have one eye!"

Mikasa places her hands on my shoulders, "it doesn't matter! You have to do your best! You don't kill him you fail me, Eren, and Armin! You don't even need to kill him! Just keep him down!"

I have to do this, not only is this for me it's for Armin.

I can't let him down, I can't fail him, I can't let him be disappointed in me!

I push Mikasa away from me as I start to go towards Reiner, a yell from Connie stops me.

"Adelita, it's too risky!"

I ignore him focusing on what I need to do.

But another voice stops me. "No, it's perfect!"

My mouth opens as Hange appears, their face is bandaged over their left eye.

I mean at least they're not dead.

They throw their final thunder spear at Reiner's jaw successfully breaking it.

"Now's your chance! Get him!"

I don't wait any longer as I leave my position on the house and swing myself to Reiner, dodging his hits as he tries to grab me.