Chapter Fifty-Seven

The sea was amazing, I couldn't form any words for how I felt seeing it.

I never cared about the sea, it never had crossed my mind not until I met Armin.

If I had gone to the sea alone, I probably wouldn't be as happy, or full of glee.

But being able to come to the sea with everyone made it so much better, the joy on their face. I mean everyone except Eren.

As of now we've taken a rest, it is late at night, and everyone is getting ready to go to bed.

But I'm not, I sit outside on the hill watching all the stars. Trying to count as much as I can see, the moon is a little fuller tonight.

It may be a full moon soon.

"It's time for bed, Adelita." I hear Mikasa call from behind me I ignore her, I'll go in for bed when I feel like it.

I begin to zone out once again, my eye locked on the moon.

I remember when all I would do was force Annie to watch the sky with me, she hated it, but I loved it.

It would be silence for hours, my eyes darting over all the stars trying to count them but constantly forgetting.

"Adelita, it's getting late. Don't stay out here." I hear a soft voice say, a smile growing on my face as I turn to see Armin right behind me.

"Mikasa already told me, I don't need you either." I tease waving his concerns off.

"What is it with you and the sky?" He asks placing a hand on my shoulder, I shrug my shoulders not really knowing.

"I just think it's cool."

"You know what else is cool? Going to bed. Now both of you do it."

Armin and I both jump at the voice of Captain Levi, he's been here this whole time.

He's so quiet.

"Yes sir." Armin and I mumble out quickly, Armin places a hand in front of me to help me up I accept it.

We hold hands for a little as the captain just stares, awkwardly I move myself to Armin placing a quick kiss on his lips I break our hands apart.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I whisper out, then turning my body to the captain I do a small smile waving to him.

Why'd he have to stand there that's embarrassing, I'm embarrassed.

I walk off to where the tent is for Mikasa, Sasha, and me.

Walking in I see Mikasa laying down just watching the ceiling of the tent, while Sasha speaks about randomness that I don't think Mikasa is listening to.

"Yes, you're here! Mikasa wasn't listening to me at all." Sasha exclaims raising to her knees and grabbing my hands.

"I never said I wasn't listening," Mikasa speaks in rebuttal to what Sasha said.

"But you weren't even talking back. I was thinking you were falling asleep."

"Oh, well I can listen," I speak taking a seat beside Sasha as she only rolls her eyes.

"Actually, Mikasa and I have some words for you."

Now Mikasa sits up looking at me.

"What do you and Armin do?" She blankly asks I make a face in confusion, "what do you mean?"

"We were talking, and you guys are just so touchy now. All the time." Sasha speaks stretching out how her words.

I try to hide the smile on my face thinking of him, "I don't know. I just like him a lot, and he likes me too. If it makes you guys feel weird, we could stop."