Chapter Seven

After Armin's heartfelt speech, everyone was entitled to do something and what we were tasked with was keeping the titans far away from Eren and the hole in the wall.

I stand next to Jean as were given our orders.

"Here is the plan, we can't let a single titan leave this corner of town. Just focus on keeping them here, and do not interact in combat unless necessary. You'll run along the ground, three cadets per team. When you reach the wall leap back up, don't die."

Jean sucks his teeth; upset with the orders we were given. Annie decides to speak up, "What if our situation gets risky? Are we free to act on our discretion or what?"

"Whatever makes it easier on you."

He answers her, but no one else can say another thing because noise is heard. It's loud stomping and then tons of smoke comes up.

"Take your side! Move out!"

He orders all of us, I nod and get running to where I was assigned.

A titan is right behind me as I continue to run my blades behind me, my hair isn't up even though it should because it is a hazard for being this long. The wind blows through it some of the strands getting in my eye view blocking me from seeing, I'm fine though.

Once I have finished rallying up the titans, I smile swinging myself to the top of the wall and laying there.

Thinking about everything I've done, what I have been forced to do.

"Adelita, I'm so glad you made it!"

Marco smiles at me, placing a hand on top of my head and messing my hair up. I don't say anything and let him.

"I'm... glad you made it too..."

A pregnant silence fills the air as he looks at me, and his smile just grows wider. "I'm so happy, I wish I could hug you... I really do consider you a friend Adelita."

"I've never had one, a friend."

"Well, there is a first time for everything!"

I take Armin's words into consideration, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to not be alone."I guess... you are a friend."

I take my hand and pat his head as he did to mine, well I at least try to the height difference is quite big between us.

But all of that is cut short when Marco sees Jean, he is on the ground and doesn't have any of his gear with him. It looks as if he is trying to take gear from a dead person laying there.

"Jean!" Marco yells to him, Annie and Connie now coming over to us.

"It looks like his gear is damaged," I state, watching as he struggles to get the other gear from the dead person lying underneath him.

All of us watch Jean, but it becomes even more suspenseful when a titan starts coming Jean's way. "Jean, watch out!" Marco yells to him, but Jean can't run fast enough that he will and is going to be killed by this titan.

Marco sees that and flies off, yelling Jean's name in the process.

I watch as Connie and Annie go off with him, I stay put they have it under control. Marco leads the titan away, while Annie kicks another one coming to the ground and Connie helps Jean up.

Soon they're all back onto the wall, Jean now with us.

"You idiots got a death wish?!" Jean growls to them, I scoff and look towards Jean."They just saved your life, be a little more thankful asshole."

"What she said!" Connie yells to him pointing at me, but soon everyone's focus comes off of Jean, and all our eyes go to the wall.

It's Eren and he is up and has the boulder, he is ready to seal the wall.