Chapter Thirty

I continue to hold onto Ymir's head as Reiner runs, the Scouts are behind us I want to turn around, I want to look for Armin, but I don't want to see how disappointed he will look.

Ymir opens her mouth moving me a bit on her head while she pulls something out from it, she pulls out Krista who is now covered in saliva.

She quickly moves her head coughing out the spit she inhaled from going into Ymir's mouth.

As she gains consciousness, I look at her slowly raising my arm up to wave at her.

But she doesn't notice me as she looks to the Titan in front of her and gasps in shock, something hot hits my arm with sparks coming out of it I look behind me and see Ymir pulling herself out of her Titan.

"Ymir!" She screams out to the girl in front of her, "Historia. I'm sorry about eating you, you're probably pissed."

Ymir explains while coughing, I begin to remember how I had already forgotten it is Historia.

"What's going on?! Talk to me! We came to rescue you and Er.-"

"Just shut up! I don't need rescuing. Things have changed, I'm with Reiner and Bertholdt now. Like or not you're coming with us, there's no future inside the walls! Hear me out for a second, okay?"

Historia's eyes widen as Ymir raises her voice to her, I feel bad for her she just wanted to save Ymir she didn't know all this.

"Life outside isn't as bad as you think, believe me. For starters, there's no one saying the world would have been a better place if you'd never been born."

"Yeah! I don't think Titans would say much either way, they'd be too busy trying to devour me!"

"I mean she has a point." I quietly mutter as Ymir glares at me, I quickly close my mouth after that.

"They're not so bad if you'd just give them a break! It's complicated, all right? Get off your high horse!"

"Ymir! I don't know what's going on in your mind, but you're not making any sense! Come on! What did Reiner and Bertholdt say?"

Historia looks to me, "huh Adelita? Tell me what they said, you're doing this against your will! They threatened you; Adelita wouldn't just leave neither would you Ymir!"

I look at her in shame, I didn't want to be here but here I am. Again, falling victim because I can't open my damn mouth. Or change my own goddamn mind, listening to people hasn't gotten me very fair.

But from a young age, I had to listen; I didn't choose the fate of becoming a warrior my own father said the only reason I bear life is to become a warrior or birth one.

"I'm right, aren't I? Let go! Whatever they got on you, I don't care! We can fight them! Put the past behind you! What matters is right now, I'm here! I will always be your ally!"

Historia looks at Ymir lovingly neither of them breaks eye contact, it warms my heart because no matter what Ymir is, Historia will stay by her side.

"Ymir, in case you haven't noticed the Scouts are closing in. If we left earlier there might've been a decent chance of outrunning them. Going back for Krista was your idea, you forced us remember that. We waited, for what? Damn it, Ymir! What the hell did we do this for you can't have a change of heart! You want her to rot inside the walls, does that seem acceptable to you now?!"

"Let go! Don't listen to him! It'll even give Adelita a chance."

I raise my head to her a soft smile growing on my lips, she smiles back as she looks at Ymir, but it drops as she refuses to let go so does mine. We all know our fates.

"I wish I could, I'm sorry, sweetie. I know you think I did this for you, but at the end of the day I did it for me."

Historia gasps as Ymir continues.

"A long time ago I stole the Power of the Titans from one of their comrades."

I can feel chills run up my body as I remember that day, the day I clung to Annie in fear and watched as someone I knew was devoured.

"Not much I can do against them, sooner or later I'm screwed. But they said if I cooperate, hand you over, maybe I got a shot at leniency, maybe my crime gets overlooked. You're crucial to the Church, you know the truth about the walls!"

It goes silent as Historia's hair blows in her face; Ymir throws herself up as she looks at Historia.

"I need you. Please save me, Historia!"

Historia's hair blows all around but then suddenly stops, as it drops to the sides of her head. She smiles and looks straight at Ymir.

"Well, like I said. I'm here, and I will always be your ally!" Historia yells it smiling as the sun hits her face, Ymir's head drops as my eye go wide.

Ymir begins to cry from what she just heard; I feel my eye water from what was just said it was truly beautiful and Ymir is lucky to have some like Historia.

Someone who doesn't care about the bad or good.

It all comes to an end when the noise of gear is heard, a loud banging noise is heard from below I try to move my head to see but I can't I know who is here though.

Ymir quickly brings her arm up as she brings it down on someone who got too close to Bertholdt, it doesn't matter though because in a flash black hair moves and cuts Ymir's eye causing the Titan to scream out.

I keep my grip on her hair tighter and try to stabilize myself, the figure quickly moves to Bertholdt who has Eren. No one cares more about Eren other than one person, it's Mikasa.

Her attention isn't on us though because she only needs one thing back, and it's Eren.

Unless something is in her way and Ymir is making it pretty hard for her to get Eren, she turns her attention away from Bertholdt and where he is hiding within Reiner and goes back to Ymir.

She has her blades drawn and she is ready to kill her, Historia looks to me and I quickly sit up on Ymir moving my body to where Mikasa is going to hit. I throw myself in front of her blades causing her to stop.

"You can't kill Ymir!"

Historia shouts to Mikasa as she moves next to me on Ymir's head, Mikasa's hair is blowing in her face as she glares down at us you can't see any look of remorse or kindness in her eyes.

Because it only has one thing and that's rage, they took Eren.

"That all depends on her. What'll it be? She can step aside, or she can die her choice."

"That's not fair! She'll die if she doesn't go along with what Reiner and Bertholdt tell her to do, why do you think Adelita's here?!"

Mikasa grunts shaking her head, "listen. There's only a couple of lives I can give a damn about. Cruel but it's the world our enemies gave us six years ago; sorry I don't have any heart strings left for you to tug on if you want compassion move on. You want fair tough shit, time's wasting pick your side, Krista. Eren, or the bitch I'm gonna kill?"

I grow cold as she glares at Historia, Mikasa doesn't give a damn about anyone other than her friends.

She won't give a shit about any of us, why try?

The Titan grunts holding her claws up to Mikasa who is ready to jump, I pull on Ymir's hair. I look to Mikasa I don't feel anything because no one's going to give a shit anyways.

"She isn't lying, just let her be Ymir."

Ymir stills as Mikasa moves back to where Eren is, I cover my face with my hands as tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I lied I care so much; I just want this to be over.

I no longer want to lie; I no longer want to listen to what is whispered into my ear why can't I?

I would give the world for it.

------

I don't really know what I was doing with the chapter, sorry if they're any errors.

-lei <3