Chapter 9: this numbness in bis chest.

Jake Caloway had a talk with Eros and a talk with Aphrodite in the mirror. He missed talking to her. He kept finding himself beautiful and attractive. She made it clear the gods said what they said to protect him so he could enjoy his humanity and that, that was never the nature of their relationship. Jake Caloway then moved after taking his medicine, via dilated pupils to remove the seal inscribed on his walls to protect and harm gods and demons via the seals of solomon which he had altered. Jake had been dealing with the game all day, and quite frankly was rather exhausted.

A while ago Jake Caloway had stumbled upon a video of a girl talking about divine insanity. It was becoming clear to him via the gods the video was sent as a sign to him. Sometimes the gods make people go mad for religious and ritualistic purposes. And it's becoming ever clearer to Jake that that's what his insanity was. After all- most of his delusions turned out to be real in some way shape or form. Just usually not in the way he expected. He believed things that were real but misconstrued them at least that's how it looked do to his incoherency.

Dionysus met him in the shower. And he had a talk with him. He told him that he had to drive Jake crazy again. He really had too. To reveal some revelations. And also- because some of the time, in order to form your reality and get these concepts applied- you had to be delusional to make it happened. It was all very complicated -pilot program and what not, however Jake being brave and holding his face showing humility- agreed to it. His condition was his compression shirt via his chubby frame, his mp3 player, and if possible his phone. He really just didn't want to room in coed or the girls or something. What can I say. Jake Caloway was weird. But he agreed not to take his meds. He just wanted his surgery done. It would ease things for him...Dionysus just told him to be honest and- tell the truth to the staff. They wouldn't believe him and bam! Institution.

The very next day Jake took 12 "sleeping pills" in an attempt to kill himself. The night before Eros had started to rape him, then the day he took the 12- Daren and his goons tried to rape Jake's mind. To Jake hypnosis felt liek rape so he tried and thankfully failed to off himself. When he awoke he felt groggy, sleep deprived and sick to his stomach. He mosied the rest of the day not really feeling there, but feeling better and better as the day progressed, after a screeching fit from his mom do to bringing food into his room, he was finally met by Zues as he ate a pear.

Jake talked to his father Zues. Their conversation was about Maika. Maika freaking Abend.

"I just don't get it! Why does Maika have to- why does Maika have to be the center of the fuking universe! Why does everything have to be about Maika!?"

"It doesn't" Zeus said.

"But it's about you and for a long time he was your very best friend"  Zeus continued.

"Do me a favor pull up the song you wrote about Maika"

So Jake pulled up his old youtube channel, at this point inactive- and played the song for Zues which upset the god.

"He's no longer going to The City of Gods with you. We will find you a new demigod. Poseidon was so excited. He was rather fond of the boy. He will be devastated. But you deserve someone who will love and care for you."

"I don't want to punish him..." Jake mumbled.

"This was always meant to be a gift! He was only getting this because of you! But now that he's not in the picture...we'll find someone new. You'll go with a new demigod. Someone who will love you and care for you. Everyone knows you cared for Maika much more than he cared for you. I think Maika knew that, I think you knew that, and I think he exploited it. So new demigod"

Zues trailed. Earlier this evening he told Jake he wouldn't be there for Hibachi which was going to be his birthday party. He desperately- hoped he could go to the city soon.

God was called upon Jake and they spoke in heaven. In his mind. Apollo was doing shufflemancy very literally for Jake. And the song "hand of god" played. Freaking out via the funeral lyrics Apollo verified to him that it was true. Apollo said it wasn't his mother or sister. But it was someone in his immediate family. He though it might be his Ant Goom.

He asked God if he really was his prophet why didn't he protect him jake, to which god said "you're strong enough to protect yourself" to which Jake nearly cried but with a dry face said "no. I'm really not." God told Jake Zues would be at the funeral- and then take Jake to the city from there- lying to the family saying he knew Jake or he knew The victim. Jake was happy to go through city but very very terrified of the death. He knew the hard way you cannot prevent death. So he just hoped something would come of it as merciless and strange and god awful that sounds Jake always had variant degrees of reactions to death. Today this was this one. After all People say Jake is obsessed with death and I'm sure you can take a gander as to why... Jake gave Zues permission "thankyou it's OK sweetheart I know what to do. You have 2 days not 3. Spend some time with you aunt if that's who you think it is. Say hi and hello to her and all your family. You won't be close one day. With all or any of them. Goodluck and be nice to her lover at the funeral. Apollo are we sure it's the ant?"

"I'm afraid to say" the god who felt otherwise the dun said.

"Goodnight sweetheart end your noted here. It's important this chapter is ultra short. It will make sense later. I promise. Pack a bag and leave it in the backseat hidden just incase this plan doesn't work out. I'm sorry I know it's not perfect but you are nothing if not extremly gorgeous with a selfish air. Maika too. You don't deserve to be rewarded this early but- oh I'm sorry is there something you wanted to say your higness?"

"I don't think a death is a reward. I'm sorry Zues I don't know what I did wrong..."

"It's Jupiter and everything. Re read this chapter again after Raven writes it and you'll see exactly why I'm mad at you. My condolences. Goodbye" Jake cried internally but didn't gasp or shed a tear. He was just....numb.