0.1

Edited

"Macy we gotta get ready for school." Michael said picking out clothes for both of them. He picked out burgundy colored pants and a pink top with flower designs for his 9 year old sister.

As for him he picked out skinny jeans and a grey shirt with a black hoodie. He use to have a job working at a local walmart until he got fired for not always showing up on time or at all. But every time he would get his pay check he would take macy out and buy her some clothes or toys.

So his sister had a hell of a lot more clothes then him and he didn't mind at all. He loved making his sister happy. Her being happy made him happy.

"Mikey can we get breakfast?" Macys small voice asked. He handed her the clothes and walked to the bedroom door listening to see what his mom and dave (his stepdad) were doing.

As usual all he heard was them shouting at each other. He sighed sadly and turned back to his sad sister.

"Not today bean, sorry." he apologized and she frowned but mumbled an okay. They usually don't get an opportunity to eat breakfast.

He quickly threw on some clothes and snuck into his mothers room getting the foundation and quickly covered the bruises on Macys arms and covered his black eye. Another usual routine in the broken home.

"When i wash my hands at school this gets washed off sometimes." Macy said and he smiled sadly. He gets made fun of because everyone thinks he wears makeup.

"Does anyone notice?" he asked and she shook her head, her brown curls shaking.

"No because I put my jacket on." after getting them ready, he grabbed her small hand and slowly opened the door.

"I promise we won't have to do all this anymore soon. We just gotta wait a few months and ill try to get us our own house." he said and she smiled but she was starting not to believe it anymore. From the continuous nights of torture and cries from the both of them, it's not looking so bright at the end of the tunnel.

"Can we live in Hollywood?" she asked and he smiled and nodded. It was the truth, he didn't have to wait much longer before he turned 18. About 7 months?

They walked down the stairs and michael looked into the kitchen seeing the two argue and throw things around. He slowly creeped towards the door until a voice startled them.

"Michael! What are you doing?!" his mother shouted walking down the short hallway with a glass of alcohol.

"Taking Macy to school." he mumbled only a little bit of fear showing in his voice.

"Michael, I'm perfectly capable of taking my kids to school!" She shouted setting the glass down and going to grab her purse.

"Ive been walking us for the past 4 years mom. I don't mind walking." he said and she scoffed getting her keys and gripping Michael's forearm and dragging them out of the house. He winced at her touch cause there was bruises from dave the previous day.

"We aren't done talking karen!" Dave spat and she just stuck up her middle finger and slammed the door still dragging her kids.

"Get off me karen!" Michael snapped pulling his arm away. She glared over at him. He picked up his sister holding her in his arms.

"I am your mother and you will treat me with re-"

"If you're our mother then start acting like it! Wheres our wonderful mother when we are getting pushed around by her boyfriend?" he asked sarcastically

"I have no control over what happens with you and dave!" she yelled.

"You don't even try to stop him! You should have dumped his stupid sorry ass a long time ago!" Michael snapped and she had the angriest look on her face.