2.7

Auditions

Today is the day to audition for the talent show. As soon as Michael woke up this morning he immediately grabbed a guitar and sang a few tunes to himself. He was happy but also a bit nervous at the same time. He rushed around the room trying to gather his things for school.

"Are you ready?" Liz asked and Michael furrowed his eyebrows but nodded.

"Where's Luke?"

"He was allowed back on the football team so he immediately rushed to the school." He was allowed back on the team? What? How is that?

But he shrugged it off and followed Liz out.

When he got to school he waved at Liz and then ran up to the entrance and ignored the dirty looks from people and just rushed down the hall to the auditorium. An older women stood there holding a clipboard.

"Excuse me?" She looked up and smiled.

"Are you here to audition for the talent show?" He nodded.

"Okay what's your name?"

"Michael Clifford." She put a check mark next to his name on the board.

"Okay you can go in and sit down until they call you." And he did. He sat down in the middle section. There was only a few others waiting.

Michael sat patiently and looked around at how nervous others were. He was beyond nervous but just stayed positive about things.

"Hello everyone welcome to the end of the year school talent show auditions! I'm so glad all of you could make it! We will be going in alphabetical order using last names." A man said then called a girls name. She went on stage and played the violin.

He got bored immediately.

He watched everyones performance and every once in a while he would yawn and let his eyes shut slightly. The fire alarm went off and he groaned in annoyance. He was next to audition but he knew he had to do the drill. He got up and followed everyone out and saw other classes rush out. He got outside and saw everyone walking away from the school.

"Michael?" he turned and saw Calum looking at him with a some what concerned expression.

"Hey, whats up?" Michael asked smiling lightly.

"Where is Luke?" Michaels smile dropped.

"I thought he was here? He came here earlier today cause he was allowed back on the team?" Michael asked and he felt his heart drop when seeing Calums expression.

"What?! He isn't allowed back on the team!" Calum said his voice raising. Michael felt short breaths leave his mouth. He looked around at all the students that were standing around.

"Michael, calm down. Lets just ask people okay?" Michael nodded frantically and he ran down the street to where he knew Lukes first class would be. He saw Ms. May talking with another teacher and he tapped on her shoulder. She turned around and smiled widely.

"Michael! How are you?" She asked. She's always had a special part in her heart for him. She is definitely one of the best nicest teachers.

"Is Luke here?" he asked and she furrowed her eyebrows looking over the students.

"Has anyone seen Luke Hemmings?" everyone shook their heads.

"I saw him with the football team earlier when I was walking into the school. He was talking to Derek." Once that name left the girls mouth Michael took off in a full run. He ran back into the school not even caring that they were still getting people out.

"Hey kid there's a fire drill!" a school security guard snapped but he ignored him and ran down the halls. He looked around breathing heavy. He was so worried he felt like his heart was about to jump from his chest.

He ignored the annoying fire alarm and ran into the locker room. He didn't see or hear anything at first but he heard talking. Following the voices he went into the coaches office which was right next to the locker room. He gasped and hid behind the book stand when seeing Derek and a few of his friends throwing punches and kicks at someone who was laying on the floor.

He peeked around the book stand and felt a lump form in this throat when seeing the familiar blonde hair. He ran straight to the scene and pushed Derek and his friends out of the way.

"Leave him alone!" Michael cried out as he dropped to his knees. He couldn't even look at Luke cause he was so bruised and beat up. He cradled Lukes head in his arms as tears escaped his eyes and fell on Lukes face.

He wasn't even conscious.

"Awe little fag boy is crying cause we beat his boyfriend up." Michael tried getting Luke to wake up but he noticed that Luke was barely breathing.

"P-Please get help." Michael begged looking up at the with tears streaming down his face.

"Nah. I'm good. I'd rather do this." Derek tried pulling Michael away from Luke, but he was too attached to Luke. Michael screamed as every time he yanked him away. He finally got Michael to let go of Luke and he threw him across the room.

"Why are you crying?!" Derek asked in annoyance before throwing a punch at Michael. The boy whimpered as he felt pain shoot through his face. Michael glanced back over at Luke and just wished Luke would magically wake up.

Not to save Michael but just so he was okay.

Derek stood over top of him before sitting down directly on top of him. Michaels anxiety got really bad and his eyes widened at the familiar feeling. That feeling that he is trapped.

"I heard about what Tony did to you." Michaels eyes widened and he tried pushing Derek away. But Derek just slapped away his hands.

"He said you felt real good." Derek whispered in his ear before pushing his face against the floor and attacking his neck with his lips.

"Stop!" Michael snapped feeling tears roll down his cheeks. He tried pushing Derek away but it wasn't working. His friends just stood by and watched and took videos.

"Hey stop!" A security guard ran in and Michael recognized it was the one from earlier.

He grabbed Derek and threw him on the ground and sat on him calling for back up and an ambulance. Michael weakly crawled over to his lover and laid next to him and grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"You're gonna be okay." Michael whispered with stray tears falling down his face. And not much longer later paramedics came rushing in.

THIS IS HORRIBLE SORRY. DRAMA WILL START DYING DOWN AFTER THE NEXT CHAPTER!