2.8

Truth

They were taken to the hospital. However Luke was immediately rushed into the ICU while Michael was just placed into a regular room. He wasn't happy with it though. A nurse kept on assuring him to stay in his bed but he wasn't excepting it.

"Mr. Clifford you have to stay in your bed. You have bruis--"

"I don't care about me! I need to see Luke!" He snapped at her but she just sighed.

"You can't see him now. He's in surgery. How bout this.. As soon as he's done we will place him in the same room as you?" Michael stopped and looked at her to see if she was serious. She smiled reassuringly and he sighed slowly getting back in his bed.

"Will he be okay?" Michael asked and she frowned while fixing his IV.

"He has lots of internal bruising. Doctors found some type of drug was in his system." Michael furrowed his eyebrows. Derek drugged him so he could beat him up? Was Derek afraid of Luke?

The nurse left and he just sat there staring at the ceiling. It was absolutely silent. It was weird going to the hospital because when this use to happen in his old house he would have to suffer threw things.

He was so worried about Luke he couldn't even think straight. He couldn't stop thinking of Derek's words.

"Kill yourself"

Michael just closed his eyes and sometimes he wished that he would wake up and be taking care of Macy again. His thoughts were all messed up right now.

He just closed his eyes and hoped to sleep.

*

"I don't care what you have to say! I'm getting him back! I will call my lawyer today." Michael opened his eyes at the loud shouting and froze when seeing Liz and his father arguing.

"He's my kid now! If you have a problem call adoption services." Liz said and the man just continued. Michael looked past them and saw Luke on the other side of the room.

His heart breaking when seeing the state he was in. Bruises and cuts were scattered across his face and he had a cast on his arm.

Michael felt his eyes water. Luke wasn't moving at all. He didn't even look alive. He yanked the stuff out of his arms and threw the blanket off him. He stumbled over to Lukes bed causing both adults to look at him. He crawled into the bed with Luke and just held onto his hand.

"Please be okay." Michael whispered into Lukes ear.

"You're letting them date?!" Daryl yelled and Liz frantically shook her head.

"I'm calling my attorney and taking you to court Liz Hemmings, and Michael you should pack your stuff now because I will win." and then he left and Liz sighed and sat down putting her head into her hands.

"I'm so sorry." Michael cried and nuzzled his face into Lukes chest. Liz however didn't say anything. She told him not to get caught and it only made things worse.

"I don't know what to say anymore, Michael." he sat up and looked at her and then frantically shook his head. He didn't want her to give up on him.

"It's been nothing but problems hun." She said softly.

"I-I know but--"

"and I didn't adopt you yet. This was just to see if I wanted to and I don't think I do." Michael felt his heart break into pieces. Tears streamed down his face and he held onto Lukes hand tightly.

"I'm gonna call Jared later." She said and stood up. She left the room and he knew why.

She couldn't even look at Michael.

He shakily stood up and grabbed the note pad that was laying next to Lukes bed and wrote something. After about 15 minutes of writing it and tears soaking some parts of the paper. He grabbed his clothes and quickly changed into them.

He set his phone down next to the letter and then kissed Lukes cheek.

"I'm so sorry."

Michael left. He left he room, he left the hospital. He caught a bus and took that out of town. He was going away. He looked down at the plane ticket to london and stuck that in the back of his backpack.

He needed to start his life.

This is gross. Ew. I will start writing better