❣ he forgets your birthday

You answer the door, ignoring Brooklyn when he said he'd get it, still upset with him for still not remembering the importance of the date. You find the boys all bearing gifts as they smile hugging you one by one, offering a 'Happy birthday' You thank them, feeling a bit better that the boys remembered, but still feeling a sliver of unimportance. You set the gifts down and sit on the couch as Brooklyn quickly scrambles to his feet and runs up to the bedroom in search of something o give you. He returns a minute later with a gift he had given you the year before. 

"Nice try." you say sadly taking the gift as his face dropped. "Babe, I'm sorry." he says as you quietly stare at the gift, wondering why he hadn't remembered. 

"It's fine." you murmur sadly, trying to convince him that really was. You quickly excuse yourself and sits outside sucking in air quickly to stop from crying, feelings of worthlessness taking your body over. The door opens and you quickly try to compose yourself. 

"I- I'll be in in a minute." you say as Brooklyn sinks beside you playing with his fingers, "Please don't hate me. I feel terrible." "You should." you say, running your fingers through your hair. "I'm sorry babe, I won't let it happen again." he says softly looking at you eyes begging for something. "Promise to make it up to me?" you ask taking his hand, as he nods and kisses your cheek, "Anything you want love." he says as you smile weakly, "Just you."

not mine x

comment/vote x