❣ you have odc

Brooklyn held your hand tightly as you walked down the long corridor of the mall. He held a couple of shopping and was trying to keep you engaged in the conversation, but your mind just wasn't able to. "Did I remember to empty the dishwasher before we left?" you murmured to yourself, looking down at your feet as you two walked through the numerous stores. "(Y/N)..." Brooklyn sighed, squeezing your hand tightly, but you cut him off. "Oh my god, I think I forgot to turn my straightener off! Brook, we have to go home now!" you gasped out, tugging on his hand. You were quite surprised when he resisted. "(Y/N), you're okay, you emptied the dishwasher and I made sure your straightener okay? I need you to take a deep breath for me, please?" he frowned, looking at you with his soft eyes. You chewed your lip shaking your head. "You're just telling me that so I'll calm down. You probably didn't even check." Brooklyn was trying his very best to stay calm for you. He knew this wasn't your fault. "I swear, I promise you, with my heart, body and soul, that I checked and everything at home is fine." His large hands cupped your cheeks, and he forced you to look at him. "Breathe..." Your hands reached up to clamp around his wrists, taking deep breaths with him. "Now... we'll shop around for another hour, and then I promise we'll go home so you can check okay?" His lips pressed against your forehead, reassuring you that it was really all okay.

--

credits to writer x