❣ high school

Walking out of your history class, your hands formed into small fists to rub your bleary eyes as you continued your trek to your next class before literally colliding into an obstacle with broad shoulders and the faint smell of familiar cologne that alerted you of his presence. Removing your hands from obstructing your view, you softly smiled at your boyfriend, offering a sleepy "Hi" before attempting to burrow your face into his chest to relieve yourself of the trouble of having to stand upright. He chuckled, jostling your head in the process, while stroking the side of your cheeks, "Judging from the zipper marks pressed against your face, I'm assuming you fell asleep in history...again." Adopting a pseudo-offended expression and tone, you looked up to glare at Brooklyn.

"We can't all be history buffs like you. Rather than mock me you should be pitying me. I had to use my backpack as a pillow." Crinkling his nose in amusement, he swung his arm against your shoulder allowing you to rest the weight of your frame against his as he directed both bodies towards your next class. "Is this the part where I'm meant to be loving? If I were there babe, I would've offered you my arms to fall asleep in." Ignoring his small yelp as you gently pinched his side in soft reprimandment, you falsely dubbing the olive skinned boy cradling you to his side as the "Worst boyfriend ever", a fact that both of you knew not to be true. The pair of you careened in unison to avoid the plethora of other students crowding the halls as you continued the conversation.

"Anyways, since I basically passed out in class today, can I borrow your notes from that class earlier today? Y'know Ms. Lebold doesn't change the lesson plan from class to class and I'm really going to need to study for the upcoming test." Rolling his eyes in mock humor, he muttered, "I know you only dated me for my notes," before beginning to rummage through his backpack for the specific set of papers that you requested. His nimble fingers expertly dodging through his worn paintbrushes and stacks of comics which he often placed in front of his math textbooks during class, he extracted his hand with the papers and handed them to you. "Anyways, my mate is having yet another party tonight. You fancy going?" he asked, not knowing that his inquiry fell to deaf ears as you were intently staring at his notes with an unreadable expression.

"Babe," he persisted in an attempt to regain your attention, "You listening? Why are you so focused on my notes? Did I miss a punctuation of some sort, you grammar Nazi?," before abandoning his joking tone to one with laced with seriousness and a hint of worry, "Okay seriously, you're kind of scaring me. What's so fascinating?" Shaking yourself out of stupor, you bit your lip to stop the formation of the smile that threatened to overtake your face. "It's nothing much," you assured him, "It's just...you doodled quite a bit on these notes." Regarding you with caution, he slowly spoke, "I do that with all my notes. Why is that such a surprise?" Shrugging your shoulders in an attempt to portray nonchalance, you respond, "Oh nothing. It's just that you doodled my name, quite a bit actually. Decorated it with hearts and such. Except it seems you wrote my last name wrong seeing as how Y/N Beckham is etched all over these papers."

Unable to hide the blush that presented itself in a pink hue, Brooklyn scrambled to snatch the papers from your grasp as you maneuvered away from his fingertips. "No way," you laughed, "there is no way you're getting these back. I think I might just keep them forever." Stammering, he explained, "It's nothing! I just happened to be bored in class - you should know all about that - and it was just some idle doodling." Kissing his cheek to soothe the burning blush that still adorned his cheeks, you offered him some comforting words, "Remember how I said you were the worst boyfriend ever? Well, you just might be the best."

------

tysm for 13K ands credits to writer x