Chapter 12

Author's note: The picture is Sofia.

These stories are like a road map to what's going on with me. I can't believe I had been so blind. Of course Alpha Viktor is my mate. If the stories are to be believed. I now have to have sex with him then we have to bite each other to receive our unique mark. Who came up with a process where you had to be bitten to find your true love? The Moon Goddess of course. What's the deal with this heat business? Every three months I have to go through heat until I get pregnant? That's outrageous!

Speaking of the Moon Goddess, what did she mean by making Mr. Lancaster one of her test subjects? Are there others I don't know about? What if I pass and they fail? Do we not get mates? I have so many questions and no one to answer them. What was I going to do?

There was a knock at the door.

"Joyana, it's Viktor, he said. "Do you still want to go for that run?"

I opened the door and throwing caution to the wind, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. At first there was nothing, but then his lips started moving against mine. He opened his mouth and I deepened the kiss, exploring his mouth with my tongue. There it was, fireworks I could feel all the way to my most sensitive area. Suddenly, he pulled away from me.

"Wow what was that for?" He asked

"I don't know. I just wanted to kiss you," I said.

"We shouldn't be doing this," he said, running his hand through his hair.

"Why not?" I asked.

"For one, I'm leaving tomorrow and don't want to start something before then.," He said. Secondly, I'm too old for you, Joyana."

"Give me a break," I said, rolling my eyes. "You're only five years older than me, Viktor."

He took a deep breath. Clearly thinking hard about what he was going to say.

"Listen, I don't want to be-," he started.

I kissed him again before he could finish.

"You have to stop doing that," he said. " I'm trying to have a conversation with you."

"It doesn't sound like a conversation I want to have," I said, honestly.

"We can't just avoid things we think we might not like," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not avoiding it," I said. " I just prefer to kiss you."

"This is getting us nowhere," he said. "Let's go for a run."

I grabbed my bag to put my clothes in and we made our way over to the West gate. Once again my warriors were on guard duty. This time, shifting was quicker and almost painless. He took off first leading me deeper into the woods. We came across a waterfall that had a swimming hole which led into a stream. He shifted.

Would you like to go swimming?" He asked

I shifted.

"I didn't bring a swimsuit," I said looking at our nakedness.

"I guess your birthday suit will have to do," he said, jumping in.

We swam for a while before we got into a splashing fight. He came over to me and put his arms around my waist pulling me in closer. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him again. I wrap my legs around his waist and kissed him hungrily. He matched my enthusiasm by wrestling my tongue playfully. I was overcome by sensations. I pulled away breathless.

"I think we should have sex," I said, bluntly.

"There's really no preamble with you, Joyana, is there?" He asked.