Chapter 27

Author's note:The picture is of the diner.

Dear Goddess, could I be pregnant? I know there were a few times where we slipped up. I can't imagine bringing a baby into this mess I find myself in.

I'm not sure," I said. " This is going to ruin everything.

"No it won't," Viktor said. "We'll just have to move quickly."

"Let me take a test first," I said.

I went with Gabriella to get a test. Nothing was more stressful than waiting for the results. Both Viktor and Gabriella were holding my hands. Viktor kept giving my hand little squeezes.

"I can't do it," I said. "Viktor you look."

He picked up the test giving nothing away.

"Are you sure you want to know?" He said.

"Will you just tell us already?" I said.

He leaned down and gave me a kiss before whispering in my ear, "you're pregnant darling."

I gave a weak smile unsure of how I felt. Viktor seemed over the moon.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" He asked. "We're both responsible for this. We were so good with protection in the beginning but then we fell off."

"I can't believe I'm going to be a mother," I said. "I can barely take care of myself. I can't even cook or drive."

"We have to have the wedding ASAP or she won't fit into the nicer dresses," Gabriella said. "Then we get to do baby shopping. I'm so excited."

"Or we could get married after the baby comes," Viktor said. "It's only a six month pregnancy."

"But I want to be married yesterday," I said.

"Ok then it's going to be a rush job," he said.

"It'll be small," I said. " No rush needed."

Viktor and I went upstairs to tell my mom the good news when we found her crying.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked

"Your father wants a divorce," she said. "I'm not surprised but it hurts me deeply. My heart is breaking.

"I have to say, I'm not surprised either Mom," I said.

"He's cleaning out his office," she said. "Then he's moving out after I told him I was stripping him of his power, but what else was I supposed to do? He can't get away with what he did."

"You want me to try to talk to him? I'm not sure if I will be much help but it's worth a shot." I asked.

"No sweetie. I think that'll just make it worse," she said.

"I'm going to try," I said.

I left them in the living room and went to my father's office. He opened the door on the first knock.

"Dad, is it ok if I come in?" I asked.

"What do you want? Came to plead your mother's case? Or are you here to ambush me again?" He asked.

"No," I lied. "I just wanted to see how you are. This can't be easy."

"I'll be fine as soon as I get out of here," he said. " The level of embarrassment I feel is above and beyond what I can tolerate."