Chapter 55

Author's note: The picture is of the book on the Moon God.

"Sofia, I didn't see you there. How are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm fine. Who is this Moon God you're talking about?" She asked.

"Oh it's nothing for you to worry about really," I said.

"If I asked Liam, would he say the same," she asked.

"I don't know what Liam would say," I said.

"I think you're hiding things from me again. All I do is try to help you and all you do is lie to me," she accused.

"I don't lie to you and I'm not lying to you now. It's not something you need to worry about," I said. "When there's a reason to worry, I will let you know"

"Let me look at that book," Sofia said.

"Sofia, are you really going to ignore me?" I asked.

"In this case, yes. You can try to keep this from me but you know I'll just find out from Liam," she said. "I don't know why you're so against me knowing."

"Viktor?" I inquired.

"She's right, Joyana," Viktor said.

"You know she's just going to find out from me," Liam said.

"But I don't want-," I started

"What? Help? You never want help. That's how you get into these messes," Viktor said.

"You're always going off alone or doing something you shouldn't and then what happens." Sofia said.

Lucas and Warren walked in the room.

"What's going on? Why are you shouting?" Warren asked.

"It's Sofia," I said.

"What about Sofia? Lucas asked.

"She just won't let me help her and she's trying to keep her secrets again," Sofia said.

"Here we go again. I wasn't keeping things from you the last time I got into trouble," I said.

"No, instead you were going off on your own which I'm sure you still do. All for a run. You got kidnapped. Who knows what would have happened to you," Sofia said.

"That's all in the past. That's not what this is," I said.

"No, it's some Moon God. Like that's not bad enough. What does he want? Let me guess. You?" She asked.

I was quiet. I didn't know what to say. I mean technically I guess she was right. I still didn't want her to be putting herself in dangers' way. This is ridiculous.

Viktor, how come you don't back me up?

I do back you up. You think I'm not going to tell you when you're wrong?

But Sofia-

Sofia is a very capable werewolf. She's strong, she can fight and she can help.

If you're not going to listen to me-

I am listening to you. You're wrong, okay? You're wrong. This is not a secret battle. After a while everybody's going to be affected by this. You and I both know it so let's not sit here and pretend we have to do everything by ourselves.

But they're not even-

Joyana please, let's just see how it goes.

When something goes wrong and it will, don't say anything to me about it.