Chapter 24

Author's note: The picture is of King Shaun Winters.

I was beginning to develop a complex over Viktor not telling me he loved me. I know I just said it today but did he not feel it? Am I on my own here? Am I even having these thoughts alone?

Viktor?

Can I help you?

Were you just listening to my thoughts?

I don't listen to your thoughts, you just keep mindlinking them to me.

I don't even realize I'm doing it.

It's okay. I don't mind.

I decided to call my dad and let him know my plan. I got my phone and dialed his number. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello Ladybug," he said in greeting. " To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I decided that I will be conducting the surveys," I said.

"What? I've already got my men ready to go," he said. "Besides, you don't know what kind of dangers are out there."

"I will be taking my entire entourage with me. I will be safe," I said.

"This is highly unorthodox. You should not be conducting surveys," he said. "You should not be exposing yourself to all of these people. You are a princess for Goddess' sake."

"Then I'll go as Diana, a representative of the Royal Palace," I said. "Viktor will be with me. He won't let anything happen to me."

"He has a pack to run," he said. "You can't ask him to desert his people."

"I didn't have to Dad, he offered," I said. "He wants to go with me."

Viktor entered the room and sat on the bed. He looked sort of nervous which was strange.

"I don't know if I can support this," he said. "You're putting yourself in unnecessary danger."

"I'm going Dad," I insisted. "Even without your support."

"Then we have nothing more to discuss," he said. "You have eight whole months to bring home your findings and if anything happens to you, it'll be your own fault. I warned you."

"Why does that sound like a threat?" I asked.

"Take it how you will Joyana," he said. "Have a nice day."

I looked at Viktor. He was shifting on the bed.
What was his problem?

"Did your father just threaten you," he asked.

"That's how it sounded to me," I said.

"I guess the Moon Goddess was right," he said. "We're going to have to do this on our own. Are we skipping the library visit?"

"I figured I would leave Sofia here to deal with that," I said. "She has Brett."

"You think Brett's her mate?" He asked.

"I have no idea," I said.

"Before we do this, I think we need to have more examples of rogues thriving in a new pack,"he said. "We can't rely on just Byron, they're going to want to hear more stories."

"How are we supposed to do that?" I asked.

"I'll go talk to Byron hopefully we'll have something by tonight," he said.

*****

I brought the books to Sofia explaining what I needed her to do. She seemed thrilled at the prospect of being able to help me. I decided Lucas will stay with her for protection. She promised to send me pictures as things developed.

The Tasks of the Moon Goddessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें