Chapter 64

Author's note: The picture is of the negative Moon Goddess.

I began to panic as she drew back the string. Before I could even try to hide myself I was suddenly in a locked cell.

Don't panic. It's ok. I'm ok.

Viktor, what are you doing? That woman is-

We know who she is. You're late to the party. Sofia found passages about it ages ago. With the first diary.

But how? Where are you?

I'm coming to get you. Sheila's power is time manipulation. We needed that last piece to get this done. We worked it out all week long.

But she is a Goddess.

Not down here she isn't. She's just a powerful woman. We can kill her. It will just send her back home.

But how did you get away? She was about to shoot me. Sheila went to work with you. She was in the back seat. She froze her as soon as she pulled the string. I only switched with you as a precaution.

I can't believe you guys did all this.

This is what we do while you work. Everyone knows what to do. Gabriella should be coming down to you right now.

Sure enough Gabriella was walking down the stairs. She had a bag with her she began looking through.

I feel so useless.

You're not useless. You just have to be me for a little while.

Gabriella performed the same protection spell on me as she did before.

"Don't worry. He's protected in your body and now his body has the same protection," she said, smiling. "Wanna get a drink?"

"Yes, please. I could use some liquid courage," I said. "But it's Viktor's body. I need mine.

There I was coming down the stairs, but it was Viktor. I'm never going to get used to this. Is it my hand with the key or his? Either way he let me out and kissed me.

I want to be me when you kiss me.

It doesn't matter does it?

I guess not.

"Excuse me, but we were about to go get a drink," Gabriella said.

"That's an excellent idea. Stay with her whatever you do okay?" He asked.

"Okay," I said reluctantly.

We went into the adult rec room and she made me a pitcher of whisky sour extra whisky. I made her a margherita.

We drank for the better part of an hour when I started hearing noises outside. I went to peek out a window when Gabriella stopped me, "she mustn't see you."

"Eloise? Is that you?" I asked.

"Yes, girl it is I," she said.

"But how?" I asked.

"It is called possession. I have missed my chance to leave. I will need help when I am ready. For now, I can possess people and help you out," she said.

"Is that why you wanted Gabriella? To possess her?"

"She is here. She is still learning," she said.

"I want to see what is going on," I said. "I can hear them fighting. Where are my children?"

"Don't worry. They are safe. Ezra is guiding them," she said. " If you have to run, you know where to go."

I ran to the window and looked out. I could see Ian lying on the ground next to Amari. Superman was flying through the air throwing fireballs at someone. I couldn't see Viktor or anyone else.