Chapter 50

Author's note: The picture is of Sheila's house.

Viktor and Liam went to Vanessa's house to get the key to the storage locker. They gathered everything they thought could be of importance. Mostly there was old furniture in there. They managed to find only five books, assorted crystals and gems, and some herbs we gave to Eloise to check out. Then they came back and had her put to death.

The next attack came quicker than we expected. This guy could fly and shoot fireballs which he used to burn down the pack house. He burned down random houses until Andre jumped up and snatched him out of the sky. He burned down Eloise's house so she had to leave to gather more supplies. We weren't sure if locking him up would do any good or if he was strong enough to melt the bars but we put him in a cell anyway. Viktor and Liam have been down there interrogating him all day.

I had to make arrangements with Viktor's builders to remove the rubble and build a new pack house. It should take roughly a year to build. In the meantime, we moved into his sister's house with Liam, Sofia, Samantha and Isaiah. It was big enough for three families with six bedrooms, three baths, living room, den, kitchen and large dining room.

Ezra shared a room with Hannah while Jade, Rachel and Raquel were sharing a bedroom.

The extra one we were saving for guests. You would think it would feel cramped but we are all close enough that it didn't feel that way.

Sofia and Isaiah did most of the cooking while Viktor and Liam were the clean freaks. That left me and Samantha to do our own thing. She generally watched the kids. That really was her passion in life. I took advantage of that and helped Eloise salvage anything she could from her house.

We had enough empty houses to relocate all the other pack members who had their houses burned down. Viktor was having more built just in case as soon as they built the pack house. He put all their efforts in there and hired more builders so they would be done in less than 6 months.

Viktor knew how to throw his money around. He even helped my Mom recoup after what my Dad did. With the right investments and business ventures, she was out of the red and getting some hefty returns.

Viktor's birthday fell on the day the pack house was burned down so I planned to do something nice for him tonight. Isaiah was cooking his favorite meal. Sofia helped me bake him a cake. I couldn't wait until he saw it. She had decorated it to look like a tropical resort which is where I planned to take him.

Since we would be leaving tonight, I decided to pack us a bag. While I was getting him underwear, I found the book with my name on it. I thought we had decided to destroy it.

Viktor?

Yes my love?

Why do you still have the book with my name on it?

I didn't know I did.

I'm going to destroy it.

Okay.

Did you read it?

Some. Not the whole thing.

When are you coming home?

I'm actually running late. Eat without me.

Viktor! I need you to come home early tonight.

I have some things to take care of. I will see you after that.

Ugh this is messed up.

What's wrong?

I planned your birthday surprise for today.

I'm sorry. I really need to get this done.

We're supposed to be leaving on a trip tonight.