Chapter 52

Author's note: The picture is of Joyana's car.

Annabel shadowed me and Samantha trying to learn the kids schedule, learning their habits, what they like, what they don't like and favorite toys. She was learning everything about them.

Viktor also set her up for self-defense classes like he did for me when we first met so she can learn how to defend herself. She was actually better than I was but I think she wanted it more. After having been abused she didn't want to be helpless again.

Her wolf was just as small as she was, a pale gray wolf with a black streak down its back and black on the tips of its ears and the tip of its tail. Such a beautiful wolf. We would run together. She was great company because her wolf didn't bother mine. They just ran.

When I felt like swimming, she swam with me. She didn't when Viktor joined us. Out of respect, Viktor didn't even shift either so it was just me. I loved running as did Tessa. She was very happy now that she got regular runs with Ryland.

Eventually, Samantha had her triplets and that left Annabel alone to care for the kids. I kept my distance so she can get used to it and feel comfortable with just her and the kids. They loved her. She was a wonderful nanny. I can see how that was her calling. She was great with the kids and they adored her.

I was getting bored with nothing to do. Viktor set me up to do some of his work which was just as boring as doing nothing. Paying bills and attending pack meetings, I even started doing some training just for something to do and my body was showing it too. I had started to slim down and grow some muscle. I mean it's not that I was fat, I still had baby weight on me. Viktor appreciated the changes. He told me every time I took off my clothes. I think he was just trying to encourage me to keep doing training. I know how much he loves training.

"Now that we have a full-time nanny, I think I should get a job," I said.

You're going to get a job," he chuckled. "What are you going to do?"

"I can do anything I want to do,". I said, defensively.

"What are you qualified to do? You only graduated high school and you didn't get a higher degree. What are you going to get a job at the grocery store?" He asked.

"Don't make fun of me. I've been really bored all day and I need something to do. No offense but just doing your duties and training I'm going to go insane," I said.

I get it. It's not for you, but soon you'll have your duties as Queen," he said

"Yeah in three years. Why can't I have a job while we're waiting." I asked.

"How are you going to work? Are you going to take warriors in with you?" He asked.

"No. I can go incognito," I said.

"Because that worked out well for you the first time right Diana," he said.

"No I wouldn't be Diana. I would just be a regular girl, a woman who works for a living," I said.

He started laughing, "you're not a regular girl or woman. How are you going to pretend to be?"

"It'll be new and different but I want to do it. I'll stay on pack land. You can have people around, warriors if you must, but I need to do something, please," I begged.

"If you want to get a job Joyana, I'm not going to stop you but you have to consider your protection. There's still people out there looking for you and the kids. If you're not going to stay close to home, I'm going to worry," he said.

"Well you can mindlink me all day if you want," I said.

"No, if you need to do this do it, I'll support you. You could work for my company... No that won't work. You need a degree to do that, he said. "Why don't you take online classes? There's an idea."