Chapter 15

Author's note: The picture is of Liam.

"Susan Jacobson?" I asked.

"Don't you speak to me," she snapped. "You accuse my son of assaulting you then you lie about his confession. I don't want to hear a thing you have to say."

"I was there too," Viktor said. "I heard his confession first hand. He did it because he couldn't get into a cancer study. He blamed her for his father's death just as you're blaming her for your son's."

"You didn't have to hear her screaming," Gabriella said. "If you had, you wouldn't accuse her of making it up."

"Nonsense. My son was a fine young man and was going to be a wonderful Alpha," she said. "He would never do that to someone, not even her."

"But he did," said Sofia. "You should have seen all of the blood."

"That's enough," I said. "I'm not listening to this."

I left the restaurant with her screaming, "that's right. Walk away you filthy little liar."

That was enough for me. We were having such a pleasant afternoon. I went through it. I didn't need to listen to this woman call me a liar.

Tessa? Do you remember that night?

Yes Joyana.

Was it as bad as they say?

It was bad. Do you want me to share my memories with you?

You can do that?

Of course I can. Would you prefer images or the actual event?

Images. I don't think I could manage anything else.

I saw flashes from that night beginning with getting dressed and ending with Rachel yelling. I couldn't help the tears that began to fall.

Are you ok Joyana?

I'm fine.

No you're not. I can feel your anguish.

I'll be fine.

What's that they say about being fine? Oh yeah. Fucked Up , Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional.

That sounds about right.

Let me finish up here then we can go home.

We should go for a run when we get back.

I'll ask.

Thank you Joyana.

I sat watching the people conduct their business. I was actually getting hungry. I decided to go back inside. When I got inside I noticed they were sitting alone. Susan had left.

"I was just getting your food to go," Viktor said. "That woman actually seemed pretty harmless. She just wanted to know what happened to her son."

"I think we were able to convince her of the truth," Sofia said. "I actually kind of feel bad for her if that was my son, I don't know how I would feel."

"I can tell you how I would feel," Starla said. "Pretty crappy. Losing him is one thing but knowing what he did to you, I don't think I could forgive him. I did not raise my son like that."

"Her son did tell her who you were and had a picture of you from a magazine," Viktor said. "She just wanted to apologize to you by the end, but I told her no. I don't think we'll be hearing from her again soon."

I finished my sandwich in the car and drank some of the soup. We arrived back at the pack house shortly after. Victor carried in our bags. I asked him if we could go for a run and he said okay. We went to our usual spot, stripped, shifted and then ran. This time Tessa said I didn't have to be locked away. I declined not wanting to see them mate. The cuddle afterwards was wonderful.