Chapter 58

When the playground sets came in, our pack members were able to assemble it, put it up and anchor it. They did an excellent job. I could swing on the swings so I wasn't afraid for my children using the playset. The kids wasted no time playing on their new playground. They all took turns using one of the slides. Even the pack kids came over to play. I would have to get more equipment. Maybe a bigger swing set since those seem to be popular.

I was so delighted that the kids love this place. With that finished, I decided to go on my run. I went to the South gate determined to make my way to Gerard's pack. As I was undressing I decided to talk to Tessa.

Do you remember the way?

Yes Joanna.

Should I just let you take the reins?

No. You need to learn how to get here yourself just in case.

Just in case what?

In case they suppress me. We haven't been spending a lot of time together.

Those are two separate issues.

I know. I'm just saying I miss our time together.

Well before I go would you like to sit and chat?

That would be nice.

Okay what's on your mind? You do know that the Moon God is making moves, don't you?

Yes, Ryland says he has found a body.

Has he? Where did they get that information?

From Ezra? They don't tell you that much because they don't want you to worry and you can't know with your connection with-

Her connection to me.

Joyana, be quiet.

She can be quiet. I will do all the talking. Joyana, I have waited centuries to meet you. It is lovely to see your beautiful face.

Joyana do not listen to him. He is hurting-

I heard a yelp and a whine and then nothing. I couldn't feel my wolf. Tessa was gone.

Now we are alone. We can have a proper conversation. Don't ignore me. It's no secret that I want you. What do I have to do to get you there?

What did you do to my wolf? Let her out.

She speaks. How wonderful it is to hear your voice. Your wolf is only sleeping. She'll be back in a few hours. Tell me how to make you mine.

There is nothing you can do. I belong to another

Tell me princess, what do you desire?

That's easy my family, my pack all of my friends.

So if I spare all of them, would you come with me?

I would if I believed you.

It is a simple thing to leave people alone. Just come now. Come to me and I will show you.

Get out of my head.

I can do everything your husband does and more would you like that?

I felt him kissing my neck and feeling his way down my body. He kissed me deeply. As he neared my apex, I jumped.

No. just leave me alone. Leave us alone.